Conceal Carry Firearms in Illinois!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by JoeMal, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Just as long as you're not throwing buckets of burning tar at the bad guy downstairs :happy102

2. Reformation Student

JoeMal:

When would this become law if passed? I know there can be a long time between the legislature voting for something and a governor signing it into law.

3. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

I wish I knew. I think the vote would come later this year, but as far as how long we would have to wait before we could cc, I don't know.

4. Reformation Student

Well, keep us posted please. We'll celebrate with you when it gets passed and signed into law.

5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

+1

6. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Will do. I hate politics, so I haven't really been following the details behind this. I'm pretty sure we've passed through one phase, and we're in another round of voting. So it will have to pass through the current phase, which I hear is the difficult one, then it will actually have to be signed by the governor and not vetoed...if all that happens, it could become legal. But then how long we'll have to wait before it's 'official', I have no idea. At this point, waiting another year wouldn't be so bad as long as we knew it was coming...we've been waiting this long already :rolleyes:

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm with you 100 Percent...not political, its constitutional, and Thomas Jefferson said not only a right but a responsibility...I can't argue with TJ...We are both behind your efforts...

8. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I have had my CCP for 26 years in CT. I will visit the link and do what I can.