My prediction has come true!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Reformation Student, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

2. SmallTank

SmallTank New Member

hmmm....I wonder if Nintendo and that shooting game Duck Hunt will come back also :D

ST

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Huh... what about the Vic 20? TI 994A? TRS80? CoCo3?

4. Reformation Student

www.commodoreusa.net

Vic is in there also. Plus Amiga is on it's way!

Oh, and Nintendo 64 is OK but I still love my ColecoVision :happy102

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I hope they still use the modem where you place the phone receiver on it and cant forget about the tape deck drive either....

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

VIC 20 owner, here.

7. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Intellivision was the BEST!!!

8. Wow, Now that's a blast from the past. The TI 944A was the first computer I got as a kid with the big arse cartridge mouth on top. They were being discontinued and were selling out at $50 a pop. I think they were like 19K memory or so? Can't remember. Then got a C64 for Xmas and that was like cat's meeeeoowwww. that I believe was like $125. Now we're using sprites. Though the whole cassette data loading was a drag. We tried sticking with the cartridges. And the Floppy drive my parents weren't going for. Those if I remember were only like a $40 add on.
    Then that tanked and we got the C128 and finally the 5inch floppy for a replacement. REAL HIGH TECH NOW BABY.:rofl Starting copying disks from freinds with some ancient program called "Diskbusters" I think it was called. Then I ended up buying the Original NES which shut down any computer upgrades until after school. The gaming consoles we went through is another thread...
    :happy088

9. I loved intellivision. "Lock and chase" was my Favorite....

... you all know you can get the mentioned emulators for all the old classic Gaming systems and personal computers and games now without needing the stand alone unit mentioned in the OP right?
    Just google: Commodore Emulator... and go from there....
    These all can be run in a separate window on any pc. All original data /games and programming code. Just emulated though your pc.
    Also MAME emulators for all the original full console Arcade games on your PC. Some still subject to Copyright so you need to do your homework.

10. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Come back... i play that game every time i visit my older cousins aha. The funny thing is the younger kids look at it and say "this is horrible" aha, this mario and ninja turtles. The most memorable games for me i have to say. Besides didy kong racing.

11. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I can vaugely remember the old commadores. NES was all the rage when I turned 5 or 6 and I can remember getting a console. I also had a system called an oddysey that was a had me down system.

12. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Not a computer but still fun is my Atari!

13. Reformation Student

Right, I have the emulators but this isn't a reboot of the old system. This is a modern computer running a Commodore OS built on a Linux backbone, 1080p HD capability, up to 1tb of Hard drive space, optional Blu-Ray player or DVD R/W, etc. Can dual boot with Windows (if you really want), etc. It just in the old chassis. It does have a built in original 64 emulator built into the OS but that and the chassis are the only connection to the past.

My original idea was that I've said for a long time that someone would figure a way to bring the Commodore brand back and I was hoping they'd do it with out it being a Windows machine. Looks like someone did. With what the company is saying about the forthcoming new Amigas, it looks like this could be a legitimate restart of an old brand.

There marketing is pretty good too. Seems that each Tron:Legacy DVD package includes an advertisement flyer in the DVD case. They have some pretty decent corporate partners, like Disney, so I'm hoping this isn't some fly-by-night company that is here today and gone tomorrow.

Just a little fun :)

14. Amen, I would absolutely consider one of these bad boys as an additional PC. Gotta keep an eye out to see how this developes...