I'm giving a Wet Shave Class next week!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by hdflame, Apr 22, 2011.

1. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I've been telling all the guys at work about my new found pleasure.:D One of them said it sounded a little involved. :confused: So I offered to give a quick demo next week and bring in some extra blades and razors to let them try it out for themselves.:cool:

I'm easily having a 3 pass shave is less than 10 minutes. So I don't think it's really too involved.

I think the secret to fitting in a nice shave in my morning routine is preheating my mug, brush, and razor in the sink while I jump in the shower. When I get out, all I have to do is whip up some lather and go to it! Days that I'm not going in early to the fire station, I can take more time to enjoy it...but it's not needed!

Maybe I'll start a shave club or something??:happy102 I don't really know what we'd do at a meeting.:rolleyes:

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Very cool! Be sure to post back how it went and how many converts you made!

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Way to spread the word! :signs107

As Jody said, be sure to report back how the demo goes please.

4. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I think it'll be fun. At least if I make some converts, I'll have someone at work to talk DE TWSing to!:D

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Got a video camera? Film it and put it on Youtube so we can all see.

6. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Awesome! And sure, put it on youtube.

7. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

sweet , Ive been offering my buddies to take a try with my gear, trying to get them into wet shaving as well

8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

You should take some fake blood and hide it in your hand while you're giving the demo. At some point when you're doing a neck pass, make it start squirting and go the ground screaming. Then send it to AFV and share the winnings with me.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Great idea. And yes, put it on youtube if you are able.

I keep a razor and a few blades at work just in case someone wants to try it. It worked once already.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Very cool! And YES to all the above :happy088:happy088

11. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Sounds awesome! Maybe we'll get some more 'Denners to share our passion with! (And trade goodies with :) :) )

12. NoahG

NoahG Member

Thats really awesome! When ever I talk wet shaving at work I get told to get a hobby... or worse:( they just don't understand that A, it is my hobby, and B what they're missing out on.

13. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Haha yeah!

"You mean you shave 3 times a day?"

They don't understand 3 passes :happy102

14. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

Way to go, sounds like a pretty sweet idea! I'm always trying to get my co-workers to convert to 'the wet side'.

You could all bring your laptops to work and browse through all the various vendors and shaving gear. Just don't get into bidding wars with each other on ebay! :D

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Every so often I have enough patience to teach somebody who is serious how to shave the traditional way. Look, I worked with my brother-in-law for a while, and now he's very good at it. :D

16. mike72

mike72 Member

Cool!!

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Neat!

Buy stuff, of course. :rolleyes:

How many people are we talking about? Lots of shops out there with free shipping on $80 or more orders. That would be a breeze, no doubt!

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

So, has this happened yet?

19. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

That sounds like a good idea....they can BUY ME STUFF:D for taking them into the LIGHT!:rolleyes: I'm sure I'll try to work up a little group buy at TSD store! There's a lot of samples I want to try.;)

Actually, that does sound like a good reason to have a little shave club. It wound up getting cancelled for now, because I ended up taking off of work. We'll probably re-schedule it for next week when we're all back at the station.

I just came inside for a little break and refreshment. I'm changing the oil in my Road King for our little mountain trip this week. Me and the wife are leaving Thursday morning and I don't want to wait till the last minute like I normally do!:o