Teflon Sputniks?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by NoahG, Apr 24, 2011.

1. NoahG

NoahG Member

Has anyone tried the teflon coated sputnik blades?

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yep.

Sputnik is a nice blade. The Voskhod is a tad better only because it lasts longer for me, or it seems to anyway, but they are comparable to each other for the first three shaves. After the third shave, I toss a Sputnik but can get three more shaves out of the Voskhod.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Voskhods are still the best of all Russian blades, at least to me. I find the Sputniks are little harsh in some ways.

4. I will try one day these blades ... Unfortunately in Italy they are not, and recourse to the foreign market to buy them ...

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

I was wondering, as they sounded similar to the much vaunted, and now unobtainable, Voskhod blades. Since I have a new razor on the way, I'm entertaining the idea of throwing a few more blades into the trial rotation.

6. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

When I use a DE, the teflon Sputniks are my blade of choice. Very smooth and comfortable, especially after the 1st shave or two.

7. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

you can get voskhods here http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/catalog/double-edge-blades/rapira-blades just ordered another 200 myself because Im worried about a voskhod shave apocolypse cause by stingrays blade hoarding ways :whacky084:whacky084:whacky084

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member