Puma #91 Custom Re-build in Tortoise Acrylic

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by gssixgun, Apr 24, 2011.

1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    This is a complete rebuild of the cracked Puma Faux Tortoise scales that Chad sent me...

I used Tortoise acrylic from Masecraft, lifted the Puma inlay off the old scales and used everything else over, even the old wedge, except the pins those are new Nickel Silver...
    This was one of the cleanest inlay drops I have done, they are always touch and go because once you drop them on the new scales, you don't want to be moving them around..

I polished the blade out again, and removed the light patina, and minor scratches...
    The scales were sanded out to 12,000 grit with Micromesh then polished with Novus.

cdog puma 1.jpg

cdog puma 2.jpg

cdog puma 3.jpg

cdog puma 4.jpg

cdog puma 5.jpg

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

As always, beautiful job Glen! :happy096

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

That looks sharp!!! Nice job Glen.

4. Daerrick

Daerrick New Member

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Looks great!

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes, sir! :happy088:happy088

7. Hank

Hank Active Member

Nicely done !!!!!

8. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I, for one, am very glad that you have a passion for the str8. And, brother, does it ever show! Beautiful job as usual!

I'm currently trying to decide which of the three str8's I scored that I will send to you for some work. I've been watching a lot of the restoration vids and would love to give it a shot, BUT, I don't have the tools for the job. Maybe one day. Hmmmm, the DublDuck, The Boker or the W&B? tough decision.

9. Lavachild

Lavachild Active Member

there is something magical about Tortoise shell.