Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks to all for the compliments.

As far as I can tell it is a 1910. I'm looking at this old post and the head of my razor is identical to that one. The handle and blade holder that fits into the handle are a bit different from Truckman's. Honestly I don't know exactly what the date is.

2. NoahG

NoahG Member

Just can't believe what a great, effortless shave I get from my Schick adjustable and Gem Contour II. 7,5,1 3 pass shave to BBS and the Gem is gentler than my Fatboy on 1. Can't wait to meet more SEs at this party!

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Be Cool...there are some real heartbreakers here....This is a great party for meeting some beautiful razors, but they've all come with dates...:happy102

4. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Perhaps the coolest photo of Injectors ever (Stolen from an Ebay sale):

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

Hey John, glad you could make the scene...That is a great picture...Look guys, Michiganlover/John has shown up and he brought the Chorus-Line with him...LOL...

6. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Friday May 27th, 2011

-Gillette Twinjector w/ Vintage Pal Blade
    -Vintage Surrey Tallow Shaving Soap
    -Omega Boar Brush
    -Dickinson's Witch Hazel scented w/ Rose Water
    -Avon Wild Country AS
    -Avon Wild Country Cologne

Decided to take my newly acquired Gillette Twinjector for it's maiden shave this morning. Got a great shave in my usual two passes. It doesn't feel excessively mild as some indicate.

The Surrey soap performed wonderfully, giving a very rich, and creamy lather!

I find it amusing that the blade I used predates the razor by about 20 years!! :D

If you have not run across one, the Gillette Twinjector is an interesting design. It's basically the plastic part of a Trac II handle with an Injector head attached instead. The head is all metal except for the safety bar which is a heavy black plastic.

I have no idea why Gillette designed it this way; it seems it would make more sense to make the head entirely from metal.

The razor also seems to weight less than a typical Injector.

:happy108:happy108

[​IMG]

7. Bird Lives

WOW! Thats a strange one...But a very nice looking razor...When was this one on the drug-store shelves?

8. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I think it would be great to have a separate SE/Injector Forum on TSD. I did make the suggestion to one of the Mods a couple months ago but have not heard anything back.

But this thread might show them that there are indeed some avid, dedicated SE/Injector shavers around.

Thanks Bird for getting this great thread started.

You all want to see my SE/Injector razors simply click on the link in my sig.

9. michiganlover

michiganlover Member

Apparently around 1976, as there are ads with Telly Savalas promoting the item from that year. I would have guessed it was earlier than this.

Gillette's one, and only attempt to serve the Injector blade market. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bird Lives

OK I remember that one now...I didn't put the Trac II handle together with that because at the time I was so into the Schicks, and had never tried a Trac II til much later...
    I've heard good things about those though...DC loves them...

11. NoahG

NoahG Member

Schick Adjustable Injector (7,5,1)
    Schick Blade (3)
    Tabac SS
    Stephans Bay Rum
    Another 3 Pass effortless BBS with the Schick, and this on two days of stubble! I wish this razor came all metal, I'd probably sell my DEs! Tabac snd Stephans Bay Rum made for a warm comfortable shave with no need for the alum and no burn!:D

12. DClassic

DClassic Member

Me too!

My everyday razor is exactly like that! I also use the twin blades sometimes! I never imagined that my favorite injector would be made by Gillette, never!:signs021

13. NoahG

NoahG Member

Today I had my first shave with the Gem G Bar. The head design seems to be the same as my Contour II, but maybe it's the weight or the angle, it just seems to shave better. Still smooth but just a little bit more aggressive and that's a good thing. Bottom line, this is a great razor for me.

14. Alucard

Alucard New Member

Today's shave.
    [​IMG]

15. Hi there,

The small tallow version Surrey puck is probably my favorite soap. Yeah, the scent's about totally gone and what's left is a light, clean marine kinda fragrance. Performance wise, I can't think of a better product.

I've been using that (and the later beige melt and pour version) for the last few years as my go to soaps.

Martin

16. Bird Lives

Yo Possum, awesome collection...You should post some pics and reviews of your favorites...I'd be curious which ones you like best and why...

17. aubug

aubug Member

Tried SE Gem Push button first time

Well the TSD store had a push button SE Gem razor for sale and bought it to try out SE shaving. It was a great experience and I loved the shaves. I tried New and vintage DE razors, Gem SE razor, and I guess that leaves the final Frontier Straight razors. I have ordered a Dovo Shavette razor and look forward to the challenge.

18. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Two Gems

These were actually both in an earlier photograph of a large group, but here's a closer shot. The Damaskeene model on the right is a little unusual in that it has an open comb design. Most of the 1912s had what I suppose you might call a perforated guard bar. The Gem on the left is just another Gem Junior, but in good condition. I bought these two as a pair.

I'm having second thoughts about using that little whatchamacallit as a background for this picture, but let it stand. My goddaughter made it as a craft project a number of years ago. She's graduating from High School next week.

[​IMG]

19. Bird Lives

So how does the Open Comb work for you while shaving ??
    And congratulations to your God-daughter for her up-coming graduation...:) Man they grow up sooo fast...:D

20. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Very well, but surprisingly not much different from the more common style.

Blink of an eye, man, blink of an eye. Smiles and tears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.