Man Who Vowed Not To Shave Until Bin Laden Was Captured Finally Shaves

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GDCarrington, May 2, 2011.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    page not found.

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, Jeff!

Remember folks, this thread is about shaving, not politics.

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

This site is not very good with links! Yes, all that time and he chose that razor. What a buzzkill!

6. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

YIKES! I was really hoping to see him whipping up some nice lather in a scuttle or something with an expensive brush.

Instead............

And I think he nicked his nose? :rofl

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Bummer on the razor but I thought the beard looked good.

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Haha he had some good beard there. He was gardening when he found out and just walked inside and cut it all off... Apparently im not sure how it actually happened.

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

We should find out how to contact him and have our nearest TSD member deliver him a box of REAL shaving goodies. I'll donate a razor. :)

10. newb

newb Resident Newb

Let's do it.

I'm in. I'll throw in a horsehair shaving brush and some Arko.

11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I'd donate a whole starter kit with good stuff.
    That first shave should have been with an 8/8 Wedge.

12. Hank

Hank Active Member

I'm in I've got extra brushes and soap

13. newb

newb Resident Newb

I'll throw in a blade sampler too. Maybe TSD Mods can get in contact, and we can get this dude some real shaving equipment. His razor was pathetic. Maybe Some free press for TSD. I Love this site,.

14. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Question for the straight users.

Well, he probably couldn't find his own shaving stuff after 10 years, so had to borrow his wife's disposables. I'm not donating anything. He's been saving on shaving expenses for a long time, and should be able to afford the best by now.:D

The longest I ever experimented with growing a beard, lasted 3 or 4 weeks, maybe 25-30 years ago. I was in the Navy, but it was during a time period when they allowed neatly trimmed beards. The itching drove me nuts, and it wasn't looking that good anyway.

If your beard had gotten as long as his, I assume that you'd trim off the longer parts with scissors before starting on the actual shaving. Theoretically, though, could you hack through the longer growth with a straight, or would that be bad for the razor?

15. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

That is freakin funny... :rofl:rofl That just goes to show the poor state of shaving these days. His first shave in 10 years and he just goes for the nearest razor - damned if it's pink or not.

16. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

+1
    :happy102:happy102:rofl:rofl:happy097:happy097

17. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

I can't believe it either. I'll throw in a pack of Voskhods and a pack of Sharks. That would be some good light hearted PRESS for the site!

18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Imagine, almost 10 years of Bin Laden vexing this man. As soon as he hears the news he has to get that beard off immediately. The poor guy only has a pink cartridge available. A man had to do what a man had to do!

However, he can now get on board the wet shaving express!

19. vostok3

vostok3 New Member

I'm way more impressed with his wife's level of tolerance. :D

20. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

had to laugh when i saw him using what looked to be a plastic razor. after 10 years you'd think he'd want to enjoy it. i do give him credit having put together a story using bin laden as an excuse to not shave. what people won't do for attention!