Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

None of the dollar stores stock them... The only place I have found that have them around me is the Shoppers Drug mart... but it is 15 bucks for a 10 pack... Might even have been a 5 pack. I looked at the price... and just walked away.

I don't know what it is... I have yet to see a pharmacy that carries DE blades at a ok price. I have yet to go to walmart. But everywhere else doesn't ahve anything blades wise. However there are more and more brushes and creams popping up.

2. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

If there is a chance that I could get in on this,that would be great.:drool

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Well huh... at that price, could Italian Barber have some blades to you before your last blade dies?

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Yes they could... Ohhh I could try the Gillette new disposable razors.

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Quick update... the blades are in New York! Yay! Got the call today. Unfortunately they didn't call me back to tell me the weight of a case of blades so I can figure out the best, most economical shipping option for them to ship each case to me. They quoted me $34 per case in USPS shipping costs but I'm thinking I can get it cheaper using a different service such as Greyhound bus lines shipping, etc. So hang in there folks. The blades are coming.

And we may be able to do some more after this as he told me he got 50 cases in so he's got plenty. It's just a matter of whether or not I or someone else wants to do this another round. The idea way would be if we had a trusted TSD member in New York City that could deal with them face to face. It's hard dealing with folks who speak English as a handicapped second language over the phone. :happy102

6. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

He's so fast, he'd probably have them for you about 20min after you order them....;)

7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

If there are 50 more cases available, we will take one whole master case (4000 blades) on top of the half case (2000 blades) already bought!

I have never shipped anything via Greyhound Bus but I will take them any way I can get them!

8. IAmTheJody

There's actually 44 cases left after the 6 bought from this group buy. If you really want another case, PM me and we'll get another for you.

9. Gibbs

Gibbs Member

I would suggest United Parcel Service if they are not too heavy. How much does 6 or 7 cases of blades weigh? We ship out 1-2-4-6-12 bottle shippers (wine bottles) at the winery almost on a daily basis. They all go out UPS. Many of the goods we get in, up to 20Kg or 50 lbs are shipped to us via the UPS. It's quick and has tracking as well. A service I dearly love.

I'm here in SW Michigan, but I wish we had some contact in New York City, but, most of our business contacts in New York are centered more in the smaller NW towns, for winemaking.

10. amadablam

amadablam New Member

Hi All, I missed this group buy as I have not been on line much due to personal reasons.

If it is still possible to purchase these blades, I would very much appreciate if someone could PM me with the current bulk pricing structure.

Also, I am in Ireland so hope that would not cause any hassle on a group buy

Many thanks and no hassle if the group buy is restricted to USA.

11. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Jody tell me quick if we are going to do a group buy again and I will paypal you tonight or in the morning. I am ready now.

12. TYdeFan05

TYdeFan05 New Member

Hate I missed out on this.

13. howlwolf

howlwolf Member

Amazing

Truly amazing to watch this whole thing go down as a new person...

1. Wow!!
    2. Jody you are quite the Conductor of this Symphony.....Impressive
    3. Way :signs021 Dude, Much patience on your end.

14. IAmTheJody

Can't tell you quick. Still waiting to complete this group buy and to find out whether or not I make it through it with any sanity left after mailing out 24,000 razor blades. :confused::shocked003:rofl

Thanks. Always happy to do what I can to help our community get great products at reasonable and affordable prices. :)

15. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

That's great Jody!

If we can get another group buy together, I'll take another 10 boxes...that should about be a lifetime supply for me!

Jeff must be melting them down to make a battle ship!!:happy102:happy102:eek::eek:

16. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Understand Jody. Just got what you and I talked about earlier and want to make sure I could get more.

So how many ships have you melted down so far???:cool::D:happy102:happy108:rofl:happy001:happy097

17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Jody thanks for putting this together. I am getting excited to get my blades.

18. IAmTheJody

Been getting a lot of PMs wanting blades so this is just a note for those late to the party... this group buy is closed and has been for a while. We're all just waiting on the blades now. Also since most of the blades have already been paid for, there's not that many left to claim should those that haven't paid, don't pay - and those have been claimed and then some from others who missed the group buy and are on a backup list.

Should I or someone else decide to do another group buy on the Voskhod blades, a separate thread will be started.

My apologies but we had to stop it somewhere and 24,000 blades was it. :happy102

19. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Thanks for everything that you have done Jody. We are all very appreciative for your generosity of time and effort. Doug:happy088

20. Gibbs

Gibbs Member

must be well liked!! :eek::D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.