Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcwit

jcwit Member

OK understood now! My misunderstanding, but my intensions were good LOL.

There's a road to somewhere paved with good intensions.

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Just let me know and I can paypal you the extra couple bucks. As long as I get me the 100 blades and if you ever do another group buy I get a reserved slot. And a hand written letter :happy102

Thanks again, just love these blades. Great smooth shaves in my Gillette New.

3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

She's at the post office right now mailing them to me. She just called me to verify the address for the case going to JoAnna and said she was at the post office about to mail them off.

MMmm, blades....

Hang in there y'all... especially Jeff! They're coming. :D

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

...<pant, pant, pant> Blaaaaaadez! Blaaaadez! Must. Have. Blaaaadez!

5. IAmTheJody

For transparency and those that would like to do so, here's the USPS tracking from New York to me here in Mississippi. Shows an expected delivery date of this next Thursday, July 28.

Blades, blades, blaaaaaaaaadddeesssss! :D

For those interested, I did incur additional costs in that my bank charged me $18 to wire the money to New York and the dealer's bank charged them $15 to receive the wire which they passed on to me as well so I'm in for $33 in wire transfer fees. Therefore, I'll be keeping the 3 cards of blades that have been unclaimed/unpaid for - for my time and additional costs - if no one objects.

Also, I've decided once this group buy is done with and all of the blades have been mailed out to people that I'll do another Voskhod group buy that will also be open to "power buyers"... that is people that want a whole case - 4,000 blades - for $250.00 shipped to your door if you're in the continental USA. That's 6.2 cents a blade. I can't ship whole cases outside of the USA because of customs regulations. So keep an eye out for that. The additional group buy won't take 2 months to do like this first one has because the dealer actually has the blades in stock now. All I have to do is pay them and they ship.

6. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

YAY!!!! down to just a few packs left so I think I can make it till the new ones come in.

Thanks for your hard work Jody - You da man!!!!!

7. IAmTheJody

If you've got a couple of packs left, you should be fine for at least 4 more weeks. :D

8. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I hope so but I have an 18 year old son and a SWMBO that keep finding my stash! I gotta hide them better!!!

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Funny, but I've been closely following this thread and I don't even have a vested interest in this purchase.

I do want to say, though, to Jody, that you have gone above and beyond, my friend, to help others fulfill their shaving enjoyment. The work from start to finish has indeed been just that - WORK. And I've never noticed any bit of regret for what you've done.

Let's hear it for Jody! Three cheers for da Man!

Hip, hip, HOORAY!
    Hip, hip, HOORAY!
    Hip, hip, HOORAY!

10. SOS

SOS Member

100% agreement.

Hip, hip, HOORAY!
    Hip, hip, HOORAY!
    Hip, hip, HOORAY!

11. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Jody this has been a huge success and you have managed it well. Thank You very much!

12. Rexall

Rexall New Member

Where have I been all this time? Is this all over now, or can we still get in a waiting list for 200 blades?

13. jcwit

jcwit Member

Thanks from Northern Indiana, I seriously doubt I would've had the patience for this.

Three Cheers from me too.

14. IAmTheJody

Thanks y'all (as we say in the South!). I appreciate it but I appreciate you all more for having the patience for 2 months. :)

15. IAmTheJody

Yes, this group buy is over. I may do another once all the blades from this one have been distributed to their owners so stay tuned.

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Jody thanks for all the work you went to make this possible.

17. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

i believe our rad has been bumped up to a new level and i appreciate it. thanks for helping out jody

18. Turtledrum

Turtledrum New Member

Phew! What a project this has been. Thanks Jody!

19. hdflame

hdflame Active Member

Jody,

Thanks again from me too! Great job and much appreciated by all!:D

I would like to ask one favor. When you get ready to do another buy, will you make a post in this thread to just put the word out? For those of us that have subscribed to this thread and would like to get in on the next one, we'll get an email so we don't miss it!:D

20. IAmTheJody

Thank you. :)

Yes, I sure will. I'm almost sure we'll do another one since it seems the want and interest is there. But yes, if I do another, I'll definitely post something here too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.