TOBS Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Billr, May 16, 2011.

1. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

WOW - I just tried the TOBS Sandlewood. I really liked it. I did not think I would like the scent much. It did not do much for me - neither like or disliked how it smelled just figured the scent is not really for me. I have heard such good things about this soap that decided to give it a shot. First off - I took the little puck out of the wooden bowl because I was afraid that getting the soap wet in the bowl would ruin it. So I set out all my stuff and started soaking my brush. Took my shower and then started to lather up my brush. The lather built up pretty easy, I was surprised. Then I started to spread the lather and the first thing I noticed was the scent was a little different from just the puck. I really liked it. The lather was also very creamy and made for a great shave.

So a couple questions...

Will loading my brush in the wooden bowl hurt the bowl?

Can you melt TOBS in the microwave?

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I haven't used the TOBS soaps(just the creams), so I cannot answer your questions. However, I am sure that you can grate and press it into a new container if it isn't able to be melted.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I am sure someone will be by shortly with all of your answers.

3. Will

Will Nevermind

No it wont hurt the bowl well maybe after a few years and no do not nuke it.

Love the stuff too. :D

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Probably one of my favorite soaps i have used. Lather great. Very nice and slick. The scent is great especially with some Bourbon Vanilla aftershave... DAM. So since you shouldn't microwave it as stated above just mill it? I haven't microwaved or anything mine is in the wooden bowl. But i would recommend not using wooden bowl... sort of useless to me.

5. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I've got that one & I have the lavender & I love them both! Good stuff!!!

6. Schnitter

Schnitter Member

Like the scent too, but have my problems building up the lather. So i add a little Palmolive sensitive Cream.

7. papaoommow13

papaoommow13 New Member

i love sandalwood, sounds good

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Give it a try. I love it. But as i said above just buy the refill do not buy the wooden bowl. It looks nice but that is about it. Unless you need a little change bowl.

9. kevfletcher

kevfletcher New Member

I have the TOBS Eton College cream and Sandlewood may be my first shot at a soap.