What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by PanChango, May 20, 2011.

1. jcwit

jcwit Member

Reknot it, then you're happy and she's happy "whoever she may be".
    Sounds like a win, win to me.

2. Hex

Hex Member

Yeppers, this is what I would do, plus use it every once in a while just to keep up appearances.

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Dale,
    I agree with Hex. I've had the same thing happen to me many times over the years. It seems every time I returned or sold a gift I unintentionally hurt someone's feelings. Now, I try to look at it as "It's the thought that counts". Even if it isn't exactly what I like, it represents someone's effort to make me happy. I treasure those types of gifts all the more for that. The person that bought that for you will get a real good feeling seeing it proudly displayed and seeing you use it.

Alan

4. A. E. Simpson 1919

A. E. Simpson 1919 New Member

Re-knot?

At least you will get piece of mind.

5. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Buy another similar brand brush but to your specs. Explain that you loved that gift so much you had to get another of the same brand, to use with a different soap, so they will not get mixed, that a brush that good should not get mixed. Thank them for turning you on to this outstanding brush. Then proudly display the gift brush forever. If the giver's feelings come first, then I say go all the way with that!

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Well Dale, feeling any better about it?

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have been using it rotation. It does a good job with whatever I lather, but is a bit large for shave sticks. I do like it, but would really prefer more backbone and less splay. Here it is pictured next to my favorite user a 24mm Finest set at 50mm. Both brushes are 24mm knots.

I really think I am just going to leave it sit and use it once a week or so. That way it won't cost anything, will still get used, and will keep everyone happy.

If that doesn't work out, then I will use boiling water until the knot falls apart. :)

Attached Files:

8. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Love that butterscotch beauty you have there Dale! :happy088 :happy088

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Now Dale, you said that both of those knots are 24mm. Does the one on the left look much bigger because it has more loft? (not set as deep in the handle) And so it splays out more? It almost looks as though the knot is going to flop over.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks Bill. It's a super comfortable handle and knot.

Tom - It won't flop over, but it is set with more loft so it blooms more. It is also a different grade of hair with less backbone so it is not as stiff. It is a T&H Silvertip (Rooney Super) with very soft tips and is a great knot. I just wish it was set a bit lower as it is a bit big for my tastes.

11. Sir Swine

Sir Swine Member

that rascal is big