Robert Becker scuttle

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by IAmTheJody, May 28, 2011.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Darn right you better get a pic! You ain't got it unless we see pics!! :D

Enjoy it for many years to come, my friend.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ditto Ya'll

3. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

Currently have a DB 1.5 (not the new modified one) and LOVE it, but want to pick up a RB scuttle off eBay as a basement scuttle.

he doesn't list them too often, but i hear he's great to deal with via email or thru ebay.

for the price, they look great and i've heard great things about them.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Great looking scuttle! I just looked at his ebay store and he doesn't have anything currently listed. I'll have to keep checking with him and maybe I'll have a cool looking scuttle added to my den too!

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

He'll be out of the rotation for a while with some health issues.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Carp! I wish him a speedy recovery.

7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Can someone get in touch with him to see how he's doing? I tried finding his email through eBay but his store has been closed there. A google search only finds eBay or shaving forum references to his work. I'm very interested in adding a scuttle to my shaving hardware & don't want to make any decisions before I can look at all the options. I certainly hope he's doing better as he seems to be filling a huge void in the shaving world.

Thanks!

8. jcwit

jcwit Member

I E-Mailed Robert last evening and got a reply this morning. He's doing some better and no surgery for now. He's going on vacation for a week and will not be able to answer E-Mails till after Jul 16th.
    He has a web site now, I see some of it is still under construction but here is the link

http://www.robertsfeatsofclay.com/

Hope this helps you guys.

9. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Thanks jc!

10. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

thanks. i sent an email on one of them, #2, and will wait to hear back after his and my holiday. :D

11. jcwit

jcwit Member

He is a fine gentleman to do business with.

12. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Nice. I've been looking for this. Thanks!

13. Tuco

Tuco Member

Good scuttle with some durability/quality issues.

14. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

What issues? I've read nothing but positive about his products.

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

No issues with mine. Excellent quality and it's about as durable as something very fragile of this nature would and should be. If you beat and bang it around, it's going to chip and crack. If you drop it, it's going to break into several pieces... just like any other ceramic or glass.

16. jcwit

jcwit Member

I agree with Jody, I don't have a scuttle but do have a brush & shaver caddy from Bob, quality stuff as much so as our high priced china that we never use but looks pretty in the china cabinet.

17. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

This is far-and-away the majority of reviews I've heard about him. Watching his new website very closely and see a purchase coming...soon.

18. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I now have two RAB scuttles and am very happy with both.

19. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

I have a DB1.5, but am looking to add a RAB scuttle for my basement shave setup. ;) I have an email in, and am just waiting till after his holiday to hear back on shipping.

20. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Scuttle? Strop? Brush? New cream? Which one first?! Decisions, decisions....