Friendly reminders for everyone

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Queen of Blades, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    1. Please leave any hard feelings you may have for other forums or other forum members at the door when you step into The Shave Den.

We strive to maintain a friendly atmosphere, and that's how we like it; friendly.

Also, the Forum Rules state;
    Many members from other forums also have membership here. Insulting other members is heavily frowned upon, and insulting anyone is not welcome either.

2. Please do not ask members when they'll be selling their crafts. You endanger their membership here. Unapproved vendors caught selling through the PM system will be, and have been banned.

We have Vendors Rules. They are easily met. We do not wish to have the forum covered in advertisements, nor do we think the members want that.

If anyone has any questions please PM a mod.

Thanks!

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

JoAnna,

Thanks for the timely reminder!

GD

3. Hex

Hex Member

Thanks Joanna, I think I have been partially guilty and now I know better.

4. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Thank you Jo-

5. Huxley

Huxley New Member

Well you've all been good to me, so i'll be sticking around for a while.

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

A positive take on things. We like that and we're glad to have you around.

7. Queen of Blades

Thank you guys for handling the "issues" we had today. Lots of reports came in, and we were able to handle the clean up quickly.

:happy096

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yes, good job guys. Hilarious but totally unacceptable behavior for a public venue. I couldn't find the report thread button though....

9. Queen of Blades

Report post button is in the top right hand corner of all posts. The red triangle.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thank you. :happy088

11. battle.munky

Well I'll be.....there it is! I thought that was a self destruct button. Ya know, shavepocalyspse is imminent, no more Voshkods (no matter how it's pronounced), badgers are extinct, and hog brushes give you swine flu.....click that button. Boy was I wrong!

Dear Sparky, can we please get a self destruct button :D

:happy102

12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

That's what I love most about this place. Everyone is very respectful of each other, and if they're not, the mods are on it so fast I never see it. Makes it a very pleasant environment that I want to keep coming back to.

13. Queen of Blades

:happy097

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Those of us who sometimes post something with an odd sense of humor may serve as mini self destruct buttons...

Since we have this rule in place.

3. All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.

Let's not name any names (especially if it is me)! :happy102:happy102:happy102

15. NoahG

NoahG Member

We had issues today? I must have missed them again. The only problem I have with the influx of refugee members is that there is so much traffic now that I can't keep up.

16. Queen of Blades

It is difficult to go from the normal leisurely pace to the busier times, but it has happened before, and will probably happen again. Thankfully we have wonderful members to help us mods, who are having trouble keeping up, too.

I doubt today's issues had anything to do with "refugees" (as you put it), though.

17. NoahG

NoahG Member

I think I came across the post and now I remember the issue that was fixed. I think I just blocked it from my mind a hoped my eyes were playing tricks on me. I also chalk it up to your average troll and not any of our new real members.

18. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

The only thing I've seen lately was a joke somebody posted in the Dirty Jokes forum. Don't get me wrong, I like a good joke, even if it's dirty, but some topics are best left untouched. I went back to look for it because I was going to say something to the guy who posted it, but looks like it's gone. Bravo team. :happy096

19. Hex

Hex Member

So would it be a fruitless exercise for me to go a-hunting for the troublesome post ?

I dearly love to read locked threads. :D

20. battle.munky

It isn't locked, but a troll made it through and was quickly booted and related offensive material was removed. I too like locked threads and sick/perverse humor, which this was (perverse at least) but there is a place for it and the mods handled it correctly and efficiently IMO. So there is very little trace of it left. I thought it was funny though, but I'm nearly unoffendable.