Full rebuild, Chinese stamped Sheffield ????

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by gssixgun, Jun 20, 2011.

1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I am not sure of the brand, I have seen razors like this from all the usual suspects From W&B to the Tillotson's but there were no stamps other than the Chinese Ideograms...

The razor was well worn, as you can see in the before shots, the spine and bevel are HUGE !!! so I did a full face regrind then started the restoration...

Before pics:

005.jpg

006.jpg

Rick had asked for the Bahama Mama acrylic but I searched out a set of blanks that I thought looked especially like Jade and used those...
    I ended up with Faux Ivory for the wedge, funny story though, the first wedge just didn't work out so well, considering like an idiot I put it in backward when I built it Just could not figure out why the pivot was pushing together instead of flaring outward..

Silver and SS pins and washers by request to hold her together..

I honed it up and found a nice small almost dead even bevel after all the work was done...

After Pics:

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

2. JAWilliams

JAWilliams Member

Glen how well does it hold an edge. Great looking work. Are you making the acrylics?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Must

Stop

Looking!
    :D

Another great job Glen! :happy088:happy088

4. DrDead

DrDead Member

Once again awesome job can't wait to shave with it .:1respect

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Another fine razor! :cool:

6. NoahG

NoahG Member

Another awesome job! Glen, thank you for always sharing your work with the Den.

7. Tforc

Tforc Member

Rats i drooled again.
    love the color and pins
    Thank you for sharing
    B

8. Pithor

Pithor New Member

Maybe some 19th Century Chinese immigrant blade smith? Or a 'custom' tang stamp, perhaps?
    Lovely blade, by the way, even though green and most shades of it (including jade) are not among my favourites for scales. But I sure loves me a good wedge!