Why I like The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by newb, Jul 3, 2011.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

LOL. I'm accused of that at home too. :happy102

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Here's one reason:

Stuff like this. The whole story from beginning to the present! And that isn't isolated, it is predominant. Maybe not as sentimental as this particular example, but more than any other forum/game/interweb society I've ever been a part of before or since.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yup...

4. jcwit

jcwit Member

Some of the other forums come thru with similar good deeds. On a cast bullet forum we gathered up enough cash donations to purchase a fairly new full size pick up truck for a member who had problems, so yes there are others out there.

All in all we are a nation of givers.

5. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The Den has great members that are always willing to help answer question, advise.
    Welcome aborad.

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Wow that is impressive.

It has been mentioned before in this thread many times i am sure. Just the people here and the people in many of these forums take the time to care and help out others. Who might have no idea whatsoever, to have some understanding, or be a Gillette razor master... who has a question on Schick (for whatever crazy reason) :happy102

I know I can be at work or out or somewhere and deal with people who are just inconsiderate, peeved off, upset for whatever reason or any other similar moods. But when i get on here I know i and everybody else is welcomed with a warm internet smile :D. The day is forgotten and all I have to do is drool over some nice razors and hauls that I wish arrived at my door step :rolleyes:

7. jcwit

jcwit Member

The amazing thing was it was all thrown together in 20 days. From the start to when the deal was finished.

8. GreyBeard

GreyBeard Member

I have only been lurking a few days but the water seems pretty nice so far. Loads of information. I use to think shaving was something you had to do, so just do it and get it over with. I'm learning to enjoy the ride.

9. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Another good thing about this community is, that when perusing the forums, there is absolutely no obligation to wear pants.

Just thought I'd share that.

10. tristen

tristen Member

I signed up because I wanted to comment on where I bought my auto strop blades... Then I decided to stick around... And it was one of the first google hits for auto strop

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I like TSD because they don't require me to post while wearing clothes. Unlike some other boards, pfft. :taunt005

12. DClassic

DClassic Member

Great so far!

So far I the ambiance="The distinctive atmosphere of an environment or setting" (Websters)!!

13. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I agree whole heartedly. TSD is personal, and I feel right at home with this forum.

14. Picky

Picky New Member

I registered tonight, this is my very first post.I like TSD as it is very clean and neat / tidy, I mean the menus and the links above are very nice organized.I read some reviews and it seems that everyone is free to say whatever he wants, describe things however he wants, without unappropriate language, of course.I browsed Badger and Blade for a few hours and I cannot say the same for it.I browsed TSD for a few hours too and there is a big difference, IMHO.Forum looks and menus are what we, newcommers, see first when opening the page.It also suprised me that shaving forums exist at all, forgive my ignorance.

15. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

It works on both

my Blackberry and Kindle.:D

16. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, stop over at the Newbies page and introduce yourself.
    http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7