Singing the praises of Florida Water

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by esteband, Jul 7, 2011.

1. esteband

esteband New Member

I was on the hunt for cheap old-timey aftershaves/colognes, and stumbled upon Florida Water. Holy Moly, what a great scent for summer. I can't speak with authority in regard to its qualities as an AS, but I have splashed it on after a shave and WOW. It's got a little burn to be sure, but it ends up cooling nicely and leaves you with the freshest, cleanest smell. It literally makes me smile. It's comes on strong but fades quickly into a perky, somewhat floral and spicy aura. But no worries - At $4.50 a bottle, I've been refreshing it throughout the day with no thoughts of being wasteful.

To further describe the smell, I would have to make a comparison to coca-cola. Seriously, it's remarkably similar - it almost even smells carbonated. I found that one of the main ingredients is neroli oil, which I found after some research is one of the no-longer secret ingredients in coke.

2. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Florida Water is for sure one of my Go To scents, regardless of the time of year. Although I don't use it on my face, I do use it on my neck, arms, and the back of my neck.

I like the spice! ;) And most days I will use it over my expensive perfumes.

3. bc9

bc9 Member

I love Florida Water...just wish the scent lasted longer, for me the scent is gone in 45 minutes...

4. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've yet to see any Florida Water on the shelves and I live in FLorida!:confused:

5. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I like it on days I use bay rum and lime peppercorn soaps. Its very summery and gives that good alcohol tingle. Drop some M bomb in it for a knocked out cooling splash.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I use FW often, but never on the freshly shaven face; it is a cologne, not an aftershave.

I used to get it around the corner for $3.99 per bottle at the Mexican grocery, but they closed down.

You can get it from the MF for fairly cheap. which I am fixin' to do because we are on our last bottle!

7. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

:eek: Must acquire more Florida Water!!

8. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Wish I had not read this...I had to go buy a case..lol

Issy

9. bc9

bc9 Member

check out any Hispanic groceries in your area...

10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Me likey lot.

In the words of 1OldGI, "That stuff's good poop, isn't it?"

11. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

Its all Bobs fault that im hooked on it.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah, fere shere Ya'll. Mike has not been around in a long time, I miss the Old Codger!