Shaving on the deck

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PhilNH5, Jul 13, 2011.

1. PhilNH5

PhilNH5 Member

We had a deck installed at our cabin. I don't know why but I wanted to shave out there. So each morning for the week of vacation I carted my gear out to the deck.

I use the VDH luxury set and I really like it. The razor in the pic is a 1966 black super speed. We don't have potable water so I use water from a spring that I heat in the microwave both to shave and rinse with. Then some witch hazel and finally OLD Spice AS and cologne.

Nice peaceful setting, and a luxurious slow shave. I enjoyed each and every shave immensely.

Attached Files:

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

"I don't know why but I wanted to shave out there."

Really when you take another look, and after what you wrote, you really do know why you wanted to shave out there. That was nature's shave den!
    That must have a been very, very nice experience! :cool::cool::cool:

3. GreyBeard

GreyBeard Member

Do you always shave on vacation? If you have to that looks like a good place to do it.

4. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

if i had a nice view like that i'd be inclined to do the same as well

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

+1 to that. A very beautiful view you have there.

6. PhilNH5

PhilNH5 Member

"Do you always shave on vacation? If you have to that looks like a good place to do it."

I always shave. Since using a DE and joining this board I see shaving as an experience to enjoy instead of a chore. Shaving on the deck just added to the experience.

Phil

7. Hank

Hank Active Member

Nice man really nice :happy088

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hear hear...I'm with you bro...And your deck is a beautiful environment...I can dig why you wanted to shave there....:cool:

There was alot of talk today about Clubman AS taking us back to the good old days and that may be so...But for me, nothing takes me back any quicker than your Old Spice...I just love it...:)

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

10. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

That is a great picture and story, thanks for sharing.

I had been working with an older gentleman (70+) who said that he felt and worked better when he shaved. I thought he was a little nutty at the time, but after thinking about it, I foudn it to be true. I do feel better after a good shave.

11. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous view, I can see why you wanted to shave out there. Seems like a great vacation idea to start out a nice relaxing day.