What is the best Badger shaving brush ?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by hockeyguy, Jul 15, 2011.

1. hockeyguy

hockeyguy New Member

I was curious, what's the best badger hair shaving brush that's reasonably priced ? Thanks.:whacky011

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Please define what you think is reasonably priced, because it will create a different set of answers than if you leave the range wide open.

3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Omega has pretty good decent priced brushes. Lower costs than many other of them. However matters about the range you mean.

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

If you're looking best value for your money then the Frank Shaving badger brushes have to be in the conversation. If you're looking for the best brush period, then there are other people here much better qualified to answer than me. I own one badger & it's from Frank Shaving. For $23 it can't be beat!

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Without defining a price range...my answer is...the next one!

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole.... :shocked002

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Please define "best".

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I think the most helpful thing would be list what your are willing to spend. something like a 25 dollars? 40 bucks 50 bucks?

there are really so many, and preference.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think everyone pretty much demonstrated that we need some more to go on.

Price ceiling and wishes/expectations and we can give you better ideas of what to look for as options.

10. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

Aaron, I agree with you there 100%!

11. newb

newb Resident Newb

Best questions. I love them. I'll commit to answer.
    1) Best Soap; MWF, Tabac, Arko
    2) Best SC; Folrena, Tet-a-Tet
    3) Best Razor; Merkur Vision or any Single Edge
    4) Best horsehair Brush; Vie Long
    5) Best Boar Brush; Semogue, or Omega
    6) Best badger brush; I don't know, it depends on what you are looking for in a brush and price range.:D Of coarse YMMV

12. GreenCreed

GreenCreed Member

Also, what are you looking for in a brush? density? big,small? Do you lather with soap,cream, both? Unfortunately(but fortunately:happy102) there is no 'Best' Brush for everyone.

13. Fido

Fido Member

Which is why everyone will need to buy a variety of brushes before deciding what really suits them!!!!!

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

This one.

No, no. That one!

Wait! Wait! Wait! THAT ONE OVER THERE!!!

Pick one. If you don't like it, sell it or trade it here at the Den. If you do like it, keep it, then buy another one to try. :D

15. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I was lucky, my first brush which was a frank shaving "best" badger is perfect for me, bowl lathers well while still a great face latherer, my latest brush which is a over stuffed badger (I don't know What type, it was a gift) is too much hair for me to really bowl lather or face lather, meaning I need too pinch the bottom of the knot which then makes it feel scratchy on my face.

You need to set your self a budget and get a brush, and try the same budget every month until you get a brush that you like, you could always trade a brush or sell it on if you don't like it instead of having lots you don't like at the time

16. A. E. Simpson 1919

A. E. Simpson 1919 New Member

There really is no 'best' shaving brush.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

So many great manufacturers out there these days making a raft of excellent products.

I guess the fun is finding the one that suits. I've been trying this theory for years with English Beers and all I've got to show for it is an extra 10 kilos ...

Happy hunting!

Mark

17. kaseri

kaseri New Member

The best brush is the one that suits your taste perfectly. There is no one be all end all for me.