SPARKY IS AMAZING

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by dougr, Jul 30, 2011.

?

Do you like the new TSD revision?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2011.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

2.8%
  3. Continue Seasonal Revisions

13.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

:)Sparky, you are amazing and the new website....POPS. Halloween, Sparky revises the entire website, xmas, and now this beautiful and easy to use site. The picture posting is very easy even for pleasantly stupid computer wannabees like me. THANK YOU SPARKY:D

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yay Sparky!

3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yeah fere shere Ya'll!

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Great work & a pleasure to use the new system. Thanks for making it happen -- hope the maintenance is easy enough & the future remains as bright as this present!

5. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Yay Sparky

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Lovin' it! Two thumbs up.

7. howlwolf

howlwolf Member

Great Job! Looks smooth, very easy on the eyes and appealing. Within seconds and I mean seconds I was able to move about the forum. It felt like home. Don't sweat the small stuff if and when it arises. You guys worked your hearts out to make this happen and did outstanding! The rest will fall into place. Go rest for a bit if you can. Bet you can use a shave now...

8. cryhavoc

cryhavoc Member

Great job Sparky looks great

9. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I voted both yes and no. Do like the new vintage look but not the colors. I have a hard time reading with all the dark colors. I know that many like them and if I were a bit younger and with a bit better sight I probably would as well. Just wish that I could get the same style as the Vintage but with the Default color scheme.

Do want to say thanks to Sparky for his hard work on getting the revision done. Hope you will hear my plea for something easier to read and see. And that you will continue to look for other ways to improve the site.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You can change to default. Bottom left side of page, the word Vintage, click it, and proceed.

11. swarden43

ACK! Just peeked at the Default mode. I much prefer the Vintage look.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  12. giac

giac New Member

Great job! I moved a website many years ago, know you must have spent some time to do it right!

Thanks

13. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Cool. Good to know it's there.

Yeup :)

14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Just noticed something that would be cool to have back....when I clicked a link in a post, it took me there in that window instead of opening up a new tab. Is this a personal setting, a forum setting, or do I just need to get used to it? Anyone know?

I could always just right click/open in new tab but I'll have to break a habit to do so. Just looking to see if it is going to change or if it is me that needs to adapt.

Thanks, and again Sparky and crew, it is really nice all around.

15. Queen of Blades

No idea really, but Firefox has a setting you can change to open all links in a new tab, I believe.

16. Queen of Blades

Something new; Just click a thread title and if there are unread posts you'll be automatically taken to the new posts.
    If there aren't unread posts, you'll be taken to the first post in the thread.

Dridecker likes this.
  17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Great find, and very useful! I had been clicking on the little blue dot to the left of the threads title.

18. Queen of Blades

Me too, and it's actually a habit I have to break as it was how I checked new posts previously.

19. swarden43

That's how I was doing it. I like clicking the title better!

20. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Everything is cool, I am still checking out all the new features. Tapatalk appears to not be activated yet though.