Liking the look and feel....

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by MikekiM, Aug 2, 2011.

1. MikekiM

MikekiM Well-Known Member

I don't know the back end of running a forum, but it sure can't be easy. The new look is cool. Thanks for all the work you all do!!

Wondering if anyone has seen this problem... I use Google RSS reader to track all the sites I visit. Looks like it can Track TSD as always, but when I choose to launch TSD to read a post further, it will only open TSD to the Home/Forums level, not to the post. Google RSS seems to be working fine with the other sites I track and it used to work fine with the old forum format.

Not a show stopper for me because I love this place...but it would cool to get this in the "fix queue" if possible.

Either way.. Thanks TSD!!

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Now keep in mind I don't use nor have any idea about RSS feeds, but.......

Have you tried dropping the old TSD RSS feed and picking up the new one?

We're using completely different software now and this might be configured differently. I have seen the RSS feed symbol in the threads lists, but I haven't seen one for the forum as a whole.

3. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I agree with queen, you might have to remove TSD from your list and add it again, but when I was last talking to sparky about a redirect problem from the old software he said the RSS wasnt working how he wanted it to

(the redirect problem was if you went to theshaveden.com it went to the old software and said site down, but he fixed it in like 3 hours of me PM'ing him about it

4. Queen of Blades

One of the mods said his bookmark was taking him to the old software, too. So, anyone with that problem might want to try deleting the old bookmark and adding a new one.

5. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

he fixed it I beleive, the old /forum url is the same for the new software, it was only the main page for me.

I just cant wait for flash chat to be back

6. MikekiM

Yup.. that worked.. needed to update the RSS url... JoAnna, if you haven't explored RSS feeds, it's worth the download. No more checking all the sites you like to visit. They are all brought to you in one organized spot!

For the record, if there wasn't a resolution to the broken links, it wouldn't have stopped me from coming back!!

Cheers!

7. Queen of Blades

They already are. TSD. ;)

I'm a simple gal.

8. MikekiM

ROTFL... Simple is best!

9. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

I really like the forum's software. The only thing I'd like to see change is the line above the signature portion of the post; it's quite faint.