Clubman Special Reserve

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by southernscribbler, May 14, 2010.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

If leather is what you want, then THIS is the stuff you are looking for. My first impression was that of an old billiard table my Dad owned when I was a kid. The table had old leather pockets that permeated the area combined with the powdery scent of talc used to glide the cue stick. Very strong in the bottle and for the first hour after splashing it on. But, it dries down nicely, then begins to mellow to the typical Clubman trademark way. This stuff lasts ALL day long, easily. So, a little goes a long way. I would think that this scent would fit nicely in a cooler environment. How could leather not be appealing when it's cold?

It burns, but in a nice way when applied.
    Cooling, healing and moisturizing is like any other Clubman product, about average.

Price is the best. 7 bucks for a 6 oz. bottle

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. I love it. Lingers the day. Spicy, smokey, leathery, powdery, sweet scented barber shop fragrance.

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I also love it. When first wet, it seems to have very pronounced patchouli notes amongst the spice. Lovely dry down.

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I want some.... MMMM Do i want this or the Pinaud Clubman... OH NO

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Love the clubman!

After this, I am sold. I have to pick up a bottle and resume my pool sharking escapades. :)

6. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Buy a bottle of each. You still come out under $20.00

7. tristen

tristen Member

That is an extremely strong argument...

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

But if im doing that I might a well combine shipping costs... SOO I should get Osage rub as well. Right? :)

Build me an aftershave collection :). I have started to love aftershave splashes more and more this summer. Might be a pure splash man from now on. Will have to see how my skin is in the winter time.

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

True, every word.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave