Members age

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by mantastic, Aug 3, 2011.

?

how old were you?

1. 18-25

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. 26-30

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. 30-40

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. 41-50

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. mantastic

mantastic New Member

just curious to see ages of members when they started "vintage" shaving.

2. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

33. Only been enjoying my shaving experience now for about 3 months.

3. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

The first time, or the successful time? If the latter, well, you know folks live longer than 50 years, right? :)

I haven't voted yet, waiting for the response.

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

:lyrtuy5: I didn't even notice that. Just found my age bracket and voted.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I assume you mean brush, soap or cream, and something other than a cartridge razor or electric.
    I started with carts and canned goo some 35 some odd years back. Never found an electric razor that was close enough or comfortable enough.

6. mantastic

mantastic New Member

first time. Well of course they live longer than 50 but i doubt people START vintage shaving in there 60's. If you started after 50 I guess either cast vote under 41-50 or just write a post. I should have added another option, my bad.

7. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

i recently turned 35 & started a few months ago

8. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

And you do know that most men start some kind of shaving well before 18, right?;)

None of the above. When I started with a DE for the first time, it was 1971 or 72, and I was 14 or 15. Of course, it wasn't "vintage" at the time. Cartridges were just being introduced, but I didn't adopt a Trac II until several years later. I used canned shaving cream, which was already probably much more common than using a brush and soap.

I was 52 when I returned to a DE, and learned about SE and injector razors. That was also the first time that I learned about lathering with a soap and a brush. Before then, that kind of lathering was something I was barely aware of from old movies and TV shows. It didn't occur to me that it was something people actually did.

9. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Started a year ago. I was 34, then.

10. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

I started with my DE about 2 years ago, and I was 29.

11. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I started at the beginning of this year and I am 39 (for only 2 more days, though!)

12. tristen

tristen Member

I started last year. I was 23 at the time.

13. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

The poll will be skewed because of the binning.

OK, I voted for 50 because that was closest. Yes, old dogs can learn new tricks and we actually do live past 50. Interestingly, folks live into the 100s, and some actually have working brains that can learn new stuff. Just for the record. :)

The first time, the unsuccessful time I was 17/18. I can do math, but you young whippersnappers probably run out of fingers and toes w/o a calculator so don't try, it was at the turn of the decade '70ish. This last time I was 58, and yes, this creaky old decrepit body was actually able to master it. I know, it was against all odds since I have most of both feet in the grave.

14. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I started a month ago. I was 21 at that point in time.

15. Kenshomi

Kenshomi Member

16. tristen

tristen Member

P.S. my brother shaves DE... and he's just turning 17 this year (I've just been hand-me-downing everything i don't want, really..... even though i just bought him a gillette adjustable for no reason... oh well, hehe)

17. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

um well, I started at the beginning of this year when I was 17 at the time, so I don't come under any of the ones currently up there

18. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

late thirty's (started last year with a straight and then with DE's this year still usin the straight)

19. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I bought my first DE when I was 28, but had been using a brush and soap off and on for years.

20. fate3

fate3 New Member

26 here