Wilkinson

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Griff76, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Ok maybe I missed a post some where:
    Was in walmart in NOVA today saw Wilkison DE blades 1.64 10 count. Of course they where out of stock, but is that a good deal.
    Not up on my prices.

2. bc9

bc9 Member

they are $1.79 at Walmart here, for me they give a good shave...YMMV...

3. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Going to try em out, if wall-mart ever replenishes supply.

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

They are ok, better than using a cartridge, but for me, nothing to write home about.

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

If they don't get any in, let me know and I'll send you a pack of them. We have 3 Wal-Marts in about 15 miles of each other. They always have them in. Just drop me a pm. They are ok in a pinch for me, but no where close to a "go to". But then ymmv.

6. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Considering I just tried out the Derby Extra's, are these anything like them?

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

I like the Derby's much better, but then to each their own. You may think Wilkison's are great, they're just not for me. At the price I would say give them a go and form your own views. Like they say "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Just gotta find the right razor and they work great, I admit though, no more than 2 shaves per blade or you're asking for trouble imo.

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I am similar... with some blades others for me last longer. Wilkis i can get 2 maybe 3 from while voskhods i can get 3-4 maybe 5 even.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Today was day four of 3+ passes with the same Wilkinson blade. I hand strop before every shave. Still getting close, comfortable shaves.

All four shaves have been with a different razor, by the way.

They work okay for me. Will they work for you? Only you can answer that.

One other thing, for me anything under 20 cents per blade is something I'll try once - twice if I like it.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

12. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Thanks for the info guys. And I am following the tune to the best for me advice. Was just trying to find a some what local supply. Some how I just don't think that's going to work the way I think it is:D

13. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Having a local supply is great. As long as the price isn't outrageous and the blades work for you. However if you enjoy a specific blade might as well buy 20,000 or 10,000 or so and keep a life time supply :D.

14. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Regan, how come I have come to expect that type of answer and I have been here less than a month :happy102

15. cryhavoc

cryhavoc Member

Tried the Wal Mart Wilkinson's today. I used one in a 48-50 Super Speed and it shaved well. We'll see how many 3 pass shaves it will give me

16. cryhavoc

cryhavoc Member

Griff76- where are you from in Fairfax County?

17. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the couple extra cents per blade, The EJ likes the Wilkinson's.

If I buy another 100+ blades, more than likely its going to be these Dark Blue 7 O'clock's, if they were sharper, I wouldn't bother hoarding my Iridiums....

18. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I wish they were that cheap here

$16 for a pack of 10 here in all the shops and it's the only ones they stock