Derbylux shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Aug 5, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

10_h240.png

Oh my God - is this cream something else - I received it a week ago, and I love it like crazy. First of all, it is made in Hungary by Caola-Alfa Cosmetics, which also produces the Barbon and Figaro shaving lines. This Derbylux stuff smells so nice - I find the scent is a classy men's cologne with a minty note, and the lather is so creamy and rich, with a strong menthol effect which is delightful. It also has great soothing to it, so the skin will feel cool, fresh and very moisturized. It is also very attractively packaged as we can see. 10_h240.png

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That is a slick looking package. Sounds like a winner.

crackstar likes this.
  3. Steve_1993

Steve_1993 Member

I love the look to the package

crackstar likes this.
  4. crackstar

It's so elegantly presented.

5. herzi

herzi Active Member

I've seen it at the Caola Alfa homepage but couldn't get it for now. Thank's for the review, Jeff

crackstar likes this.
  6. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Jeff, I agree with you on this one. I would love to find a cologne or an aftershave with the same scent! I used a small dollop (bigger than a pea) and got enough creamy goodness to do 4 passes and perhaps a fifth if I needed. And, the cushion is fantastic as far as protection goes. I didn't really notice the menthol until I lathered up for the third pass, and then it seemed to jump into overdrive! I am not a menthoholic, but admit that it did add to the enjoyment of the shave. Good stuff!

crackstar likes this.
  7. crackstar

I believe there is a Derbylux aftershave, but I never tried it. I doubt that there's a cologne. I agree, the cream smells beautiful.

8. crackstar

BTW, I used the Derbylux cream this morning for my Menthol Monday Shave, and it was delightful. :happy005:

9. gman41

gman41 Member

I had this for montths with no takers. Maybe even a year it sat. I regret not adding it to my pallet from Caola because having used it I knew it was excellent with it's wheat germ oil and all around performance. Just did not sell so I took a pass on it.

Alebrewer likes this.
  10. crackstar

Joe, I would buy any time from you this stuff - I absolutely LOVE it. It's even better than Barbon, which is also fantastic. Please to reconsider.

11. gman41

gman41 Member

Wont be till the next order unless they are willing to Fedex me a case. No one wants these creams anymore on the boards it seems. People are into the soft soaps and only a few high end brands. It seems as if the willingness to explore has left the boards while the band wagon brands march on. I have stuff on the way from Macedonia which for now will be my final launch.

12. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that Joe, but I understand no sense in stocking inventory that doesn't move or moves slowly. I always frequent you place when I run low on creams because you do have the "other" brands. Love the Derbylux and the D'men. When it comes time, you will again be the first place I look. Thanks!