Need some assistance from South of the Border.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by TheCopperHat, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Just recently I managed to track down a Bodum Santos 3000 VacPot coffee machine. :drool

After some minor mods I've got it brewing some of the best coffee I've ever had. Here comes my issue though. I'm missing the lid for the large upper funnel on the machine. The only place I can seem to find the replacement is on amazon.com, but they won't ship it to me in Canada. It's a $20 part and I don't feel like kinex'ing it and driving across to get it.

If someone were willing to say ship the part to them and then ship it up to me in Canada I would be very willing to part with one of my hand turned horse hair brushes. Let me know what your time is worth to you as this coffee is worth it to me lol.

The part would be paid for by me in full and I would paypal any related shipping charges needed to send it up to me.

Thanks!

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am on it! Gimmie Dat Brush!

3. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

And it's Jeff around the last corner taking the checkered flag!

And I get my coffee in larger doses!

4. stingraysrock

Okay Brother, the part is on order. $21.54. I do not wish to profit off this deal, so we will do a straight across trade; the coffee pot part for the brush, each of us will pay our respective shipping costs. I don't want to cherry pick the brushes, just send me the brush that you think is the best, Cool?

5. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Your now getting a custom made brush, I'm going to head to Sooke and beach comb for a piece of driftwood. I would like a style suggestion from you, brush shapes you like the feel of, size of etc and I'll spin a take on that.

6. stingraysrock

Oooh! Double sweetness! How about a beehive?

7. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Yassir. I've got something in mind in that style. It's going to be a few days at least for completion so that the tung oil has time to set.

Mmmm I can almost picture my Big Gulp full of vacum brewed coffee already. Not just this little tiny coffee cup.

8. stingraysrock

Cool! I can hardly wait!

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

There better be pictures somewhere in this for the rest of us! I'm talking coffee machines and horsehairs!

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If he gives you a Florida address, it's a lie. He really lives in eastern PA.

If you need, I will gladly send you his real address.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Great cooperation for the two of you!

I hope that part helps you make some awesome coffee! And I want to see pictures of this driftwood brush!

12. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

The coffee brewed from this VacPot is amazing. IMO the same thing happened to VacPot's that happened to DE and SE razors, someone said something better was available and away it went. Very interesting machine to watch as well. I'm going to put up some video's of it in operation later.

As for the brush I'll take some snaps of it, I've found driftwood to be an extremly interesting wood, it's bleached white outside but when you get inside the colours and grain is amazing.

13. stingraysrock

Hey! S'mine Mang!

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm slow. It took me a sec to get it! :happy102:happy102:happy102

15. stingraysrock

I received notice today that the lid has shipped.

16. stingraysrock

The lid is here! I will show you yours....now show me mine! :biggrin:
    LID (Custom).JPG

17. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Perfect! Alright my friend, the tung oil has set - Dyed Horse Hair w/Driftwood Handle
    [​IMG]
    That piece of Driftwood was collected from "Clover Point" in Victoria B.C. Not very often you get to know the exact location of your brush ; ). Hope you like it, I made a few others if you wanted to take a look I'm more then willing to set you up with whichever you would like.

Hembree and PanChango like this.
  18. stingraysrock

Looks great! Bring it on! Tell me more about the horse knot!

19. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

The hair is bleached and dyed to mimic silvertip, the heads I use are softer then bore but with a similar amount of backbone. This specific knot was 56mm tall and is set at 49mm of loft. The handle has a 33mm diameter and a height of 41mm. It was soaked in polymerized tung oil sealer and buffed, then 3 coats of high lustre polymerized tung oil finish. The brush weighs 28grams.

20. stingraysrock

Fantastic! Thanks Brad! I am glad to hear it is not the soft, floppy, easily snarled in tangles horse knot that I had one time.