Explain your avatar

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Single Wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

I just found out how to do this by reading another's thread. Mine is of a Coelacanth fish, a very interesting and freaky looking fish that I read dates back to prehistoric times. Not much to do with shaving, but kinda reminds me of myself, since I'm a bit freaky, have no neck and when you see my head from a sideview I look like a fish. Perhaps my mom should have named me fishead but then she might have wanted to throw me back. :D

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hey, new guys! Feel free to jump in!!

3. DClassic

DClassic Member

My avatar is supposed to be me. Close, but not exact!

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Mine is just a chap from what we now think of as a simpler time.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

6. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

The logo my wife created for our business. It's usually something to do with one of my many vehicles but I like the simplicity of it now.

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Since I updated my avatar with the new board, I guess I should make another post here.

My avatar is an Adipose from the Doctor Who episode "Partners in Crime". It's basically a life form that gets created by transforming fat from a human body into one of these creatures. In the episode they sell capsules that will cause some fat on a person to turn into an adipose at night and "the fat just walks away". Maybe not the best episode overall, but the cutest Who monster I've ever seen.

m_conley and Queen of Blades like this.
  8. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Haha. If only.

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'll follow up Erik's post with my avatar explanation.

My current avatar is also from Doctor Who. The lady is the Doctor's TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) in human form, from the episode "The Doctor's Wife".

Absolutely fantastic episode.

m_conley likes this.
  10. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

is that the episode where he runs into the loud red headed companion again? I never liked her. the monsterized fat was a sharp idea, though, and definitely made the episode.

my newest avatar is Cthulhu. or at least an artists rendition of the Great Old One.

11. Queen of Blades

Yep, that's the episode.
    I didn't like Donna much either, but at least they made sure it wasn't yet another "in love with the Doctor" companion.

12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Yes, you've got the right episode. While Donna wasn't my favorite companion, I must say I liked her better than the current Amy Pond. Yet, I'll even take pond when we get Rory and River - two of the best companions every IMHO.

13. Queen of Blades

Yeah, well, Rose is :prrr:

;)

14. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Red Sox.

15. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

No, I'm really in the minority and my favorite companion of the new series is Martha Jones. But, with the whole loving the doctor issue she'd run her course and it was good they let her go when they did.

I also liked Captain Jack, even though I tried not to. I can't explain it as everything he stood for should annoy me.

On Donna and Rose, they were both just OK to me.

16. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

Its a tattoo of a straight razor that I got last year.

17. Queen of Blades

Amy is my favorite, and I'm glad they've ("they" being the writers) gotten over her crush on the Doctor, but hate the way they keep giving her these speeches that make the viewer wonder if she's talking about Rory or the Doctor.

I did like Martha, too, except for that "I'm in love with an alien who's in love with some other human girl". :rolleyes:

Can't say I've hated any of the current series companions, just some were more annoyingly written than others. Excellent actors and actresses, every one of them.

Ok, I think I've highjacked this thread with my silliness enough for one night. :ashamed001:

18. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

My new avatar is Opus the Penguin from the Bloom County comic strip.

19. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

oh but I haven't.

I liked Rose in the first series. She may have been the most three dimensional companion in Who history. But then the writing went all soap opera-y. I really liked how they brought back Sarah Jane Smith, and explored the question of what happens to departed/ left behind companions. Now if they'd only revisit Nyssa. Or Romana.

Martha was okay. But I can't stand Donna. Amy Pond's all right. I haven't been able to see this newest season everybody's enjoying, but maybe my opinion of her will change. We'll see.

And I wish they'd cast somebody else for the Doctor's wife. I used to be an ER fan and that's all I can think of when I see her on screen.

20. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

This is my new avatar its an old picture of Bill Shankly football player, and liverpool FC's most famous manager.