Theme Weeks

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by swarden43, Jul 27, 2011.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

For ease of finding the schedule, I have posted it in the Shave or Shower of the Day forum.
    JoAnna is going to make that a sticky and lock that thread because, as I said, it will be for the schedule only.
    Please continue to discuss your shaves and experiences here in this thread.
    I'm looking forward to see what you all have to share this coming year!

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

well... that ought to just about do it. I will try to follow some of these. But no guarantees..

3. swarden43

Same here.
    I know the Williams week and Face Lathering week will be a challenge for me - I don't care for either.

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Can always "cheat" add scents to williams. Could add m-bomb/menthol crystals.

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Is it limited to just modern Williams, or is vintage allowed?

6. swarden43

If you gotta ask, you can't use it. ;)

Just kidding, of course. It's your Williams. Enjoy it your way.

I do want to stress to all that there are no hard and fast rules to theme week. If you feel something fits into a particular theme, by all means, feel free to use it. If you only want to use something just three or four out of the seven days of that theme week, then only use it three or four times. This is all just for fun.

Mechguy and MRast01 like this.
  7. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

Sounds like a great way to dig out some of the things that have been pushed to the back of the drawers and shelves, I'm in :happy088:

8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I"ll probably stick with a week of the modern Williams, which I really do like.

9. swarden43

Still plenty of time to get it lined up - Williams week is scheduled to start Sep 19.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

But the August 20th Menthol week is just a few days (plus or minus a year) away...:Animatedfrozensmily:

I have a puck of Williams lined up. Maybe, I'll break it out for my shave this evening.

11. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I love the list, now I have another reason to go out and buy some more stuff. I was holding a puck of williams in my hand last night, wish I had read this earlier, well guess I'll just have to go back out.
    Thanks for the work, it should be a blast. I like your attitude, its your shave, I think that sums up why most of us are here.

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow! Steve...My hat's off to you...You have put together a most impressive schedule...I think you have just about caught one thing or another that includes every person's favorites aswell as things that will open each of our minds and whiskers to new and new old experiances...Did you spend some serious time on this or are you something of a genius ? I'm thinking probably a combination of both...:) Really congratulations for a job well done...When I was first thinking of this task at hand, I thought of what a logistical nightmare...and how it would almost be impossible to strike a nerve with everyone...I mean, so many themes, and so few months...But, that being said,...Looks like you pulled it off. And with your usual aplomb..LOL

13. swarden43

Thanks.
    Lots of input from the folks here.
    Like you noticed, I tried to hit a bit of everything, even things I'm not too keen on, Williams and Face Lathering being the two biggies. I'll give 'em a fair shot, though!

14. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I think we need an Omega week.....

alpla444 likes this.
  15. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

yeah!!! (can you make it Omega Month so Aaron can use his full alocation:happy097:)

Shawna and Sodapopjones like this.
  16. Sodapopjones

Haha Dean... Its not my fault they make good stuff for cheap!

Shawna likes this.
  17. swarden43

I added that as a suggestion for next year. Check it out, bottom of the post.
    Anybody else have suggestions? I'll take 'em and add 'em to the list.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  18. Gibbled

Gibbled Member

Ooh, maybe a stainless week?

19. Sodapopjones

Very nice!

20. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I think Bob already said it but I'll second the idea of a time flip flop. If you shave in the A.M. switch to P.M. and vice versa.

SharpSpine and battle.munky like this.