Explain your avatar

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Single Wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Matt-Smith-Doctor-Who-Tardis.png Somebody need a TARDIS?

battle.munky likes this.
  2. alphage

alphage Member

That gal you see to the left is Inger Stevens.
    Her name sounds somewhat like mine.

3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

The panda bear with guns... is just that but kicked up a notch. :transport024:

it is a kick butt panda with two pistols who just did some cool slow motion action sequences and killed a bunch of poachers. So the panda is pretty cool :)

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Awesome. Me and the family are waiting until they come to Powerplant Live again here one of these days. I was going to nominate Neal's beard in the best beard thread. They flat out rock Dale. Good, pure, rock fury!

They seem to be pretty normal, how was it hanging with them? The are on the score for a video game too. Not recalling the song or the game, but that is awesome. It's weird being here in the B-more area with such a solid band such as Clutch and they get no airtime. Maybe they prefer not being so mainstream.

All I know is that they have a great raw sound and their lyrics are either poignant or silly and I dig both approaches.

PanChango likes this.
  5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I would much rather have the one in JoAnna's avatar, just seems softer.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

From what I recall they were a decent lot. It was post show and we were just drinking some beers. It was late fall in 1995 or 1996 as I remember it was chilly out and nothing was happening at Camden Yards. They played a mixture of stuff from their first 2 albums Transnational Speedway and the self titled Clutch album. It was a very high energy show and the erupted when they played both A Shogun Named Marcus and Binge and Purge. I think I have the first 3 or 4 albums they put out. I dropped Walking in the Great Shining Path of Monster trucks on the mp3 player for tomorrow morning when I hit the gym.

Neal has an awesome beard and I definitely like the feel of their music. I haven't checked out much of the new stuff, but what I have has a nice gritty lo-fi yet heavy feel to it. Do you like the Melvins at all?

battle.munky likes this.
  7. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

8. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

For those who dont know who the pic in the avatar is, it is Wyatt Errp.
    Wyatt Berry Stapp Earp is best known for his participation in the controversial "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral," which took place at Tombstone, Arizona, on October 26, 1881. In this legendary Old West encounter, Wyatt Earp, his brothers Virgil and Morgan, and Doc Holliday faced off with Ike and Billy Clanton and Tom and Frank McLaury.
    Wyatt Earp on several occasions, categorically and without corroboration, told interviewers accounts of his deeds from the Old West.
    Obviously a storyteller as well as a gunman.
    Considering myself a bit of a cowboy, outlaw and storyteller I feel a kinship with these men of the old west and chose this avatar.
    Times were hard then, life was short and a mans word was his bond.
    AND there were no 5 blade shave systems.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  9. battle.munky

lol, I called my son ElJefe for a while, both the kids love them.

No, I've never heard The Melvins, I'll have to youtube 'em and give them a test run. If they are anything like Clutch I'm sure I'll like them.

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

South Carolina state flag.

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I knew I recognized him!

Mine is the Prophet Isaiah painted by Michelangelo, as part of the painting on the Sistine Chapel's ceiling (around 1510 AD). I am currently readin Irving Stone's Biography of Michelangelo and I am realizing just how great of an artist he really was!

Isaiah-Michelangelo.jpg

12. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

My first big Ebay buy, my favorite razor and blades, and what the kids called me in school.... mean kids little did they know ha haa haaaa

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. Tuco

Tuco Member

Clint Eastwood as "Blondie" giving a hard look at "Tuco".

Grant likes this.
  14. Grant

Grant Active Member

Mine's Easy Lega Sweeney Todd !

15. battle.munky

Well, I got a bit bored with my Clutch avatar and went avatar hunting and bagged this munky-faced giraffe. Kinda nice :)

Here's a pic for historical purposes in case I change it:

Attached Files:

IAmTheJody and Grant like this.
  16. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

That one has been creeping me out since you added it Bob.

stingraysrock likes this.
  17. battle.munky

:rofl: It is sooooo very creepy isn't it? I'm sure I'll change it sometime but I find it silly as well as the creep. Terrible ain't it? I may have set a precedent for myself; I'll have to outcreep my last avatar pic with something even creepier.

18. CRS

CRS Member

That's not my leg, but thats how I felt before I started learning to use a double edge razor. I was always getting little nicks and cuts from shaving and didn't enjoy it as much as I do now.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. freebird

freebird Active Member

Edit: 09/01/2011

My avatar is no longer a stuffed rattler. It is a snapshot of me made by my Brother taken at a restaurant on Fathers Day this year.

20. One of the things I have been doing is learning digital design on the computer. My current avatar is made from a graphic character that I created to use as part of a cd cover for a blues band I used to play congas with (that unfortunately is now split up).