Deodorant

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Nick A, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Do any of these great scents everyone keeps talking about come in Deodorant?

I want to smell like a man!

I want to smell more like a man than the Old Spice Guy!

I want to smell better than this guy!

Not that I want to overdo it. Just looking for something different. I have to use an areosol right now because of health issues I was having.

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I recently started using Old Spice Swagger. It ain't too bad and is just a deodorant and not an antiperspirant, so none of those carcinogens that are somehow not only allowed into 99% of the products but permeate the options.

Kinda pisses me off actually. Where is the FDA?

Anyway, I hop out of the shower and dry off everything except my pits, hit them with alum, shave and then top the alum with the Swagger. Works quite well for adding a nice scent. Alum alone keeps me stink free but I like to smell good too.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Tabac, Irisch Moss, and Speick all have deodorants I believe, there could be more.

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I was gonna go with Tabac very manly, in stick spray as balm and edt.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I've been hooked on powder fresh scent for a number of years now.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've been using Brut deodorant/antiperspirant exclusively for years now.

7. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Thanks for the input, and sorry I posted in the wrong forum earlier. I'll be sure to look up the brands, though I don't think the crystal stuff worked too well the last time I tried it. It's South Texas in the summertime during a heatwave, so I've been sweating buckets.

8. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

+1 for Old Spice Deodorant. I have found for myself anti-perspirant does work for me anyhow. I am going the deodorant only route.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

It works great for me but my daughter is no match for it.

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried Irish Spring stick deodorant for the 1st time this morning, and I must to throw it, because I have a bad rash under my arms - it itches badly. Why I change from my Mennen Speed Stick? :angry017:

11. ocharlas

ocharlas Well-Known Member

Brut is great - pretty aggressive in its classic alcoholic form though...

12. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Yeah, when I tried Brut, it was like spray on fire.

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Love the vid.

Old spice classic body spray, Use it the crystal rock.

or if you don't like the crystal get the stick or spray anyway!

14. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

The main reason that I quit with the stick...actually I used to use Gillette Clear gel, was that I started getting boils under my arms and kept reinfecting myself to the point it was practically chronic. I switched to sprays and that went away.

15. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I have sensitive pits, something I inherited from my Dad. He used this and I have been using it for the past 45-years.

yodora 1.jpeg

16. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

I don't think I've ever even seen that stuff before. I'll have to check it out.

17. Mr. Imperial

Mr. Imperial Member

I'm a fan of Tom's. Their woodspice scent is pretty dang manly.

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I used Old Spice classic for years. I have been using the crystal for over a year. However, when it is hot, it doesn't stop sweat, just stink. So this summer I tried to go back to my old spice for a while and I had instant burning and a rash.

19. Adama

Adama Member

I put Old Spice Swagger into the deoderant rotation over a month ago. I agree the scent isn't bad. SWMBO really likes it. So, I also picked up the body spray.

20. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I now use Sanex Deo products only.

Reason:

They are allergy friendly and mild and they just work and most are scent free or have only a slightest manly smell to them so I can spray my favorite EauDeToilette in my armpits afterwards.

They are cheap and I often buy them in bulk in the discount supermarkets, when they once in a while get a large 'load' of them. Normal price for stick or spray is 40 Dkr ($8)

But when on offer they sell for 15 Dkr ($3). I usually buy 10 or 15 at a time when they are on offer. I use both stick and spray.
    First stick then spray and it works. Then a dose of my fave EDT :)

I've used very expensive deo from the big designer names but found that a combination of Sanex deostick and then deospray JUST WORKS BETTER !!!

First this:
    [​IMG]

Then a spray of this:
    [​IMG]

Finally a spray under each armpit of my choice of EDT Spray that day and I'm ready to go :)