Your Face and Your Razor - The State of Shaving in 1913

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GDCarrington, Aug 26, 2011.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

gssixgun, IAmTheJody, Nick A and 2 others like this.
  2. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Nice article.
    What i find weird is that the guy claim that hydrogen peroxide is good as an after shave.
    He say he stopped using witch hazel and bay rum since his druggist told him about the peroxide.

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Peroxide was in vogue back in that time. It is good in low doses as a mouthwash for canker sores. I would not want to use it for A/S. We have better cut cleaning / disinfecting agents today.

4. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Especially when the warning is: do not use on your beard/mustache, it will become white
    I would stay away from that also.

5. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is well done article, and gives us a peek into things just as safety razors were changing the shaving world. Thank you for posting that link.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Thanks for the read!

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

That was a fun article to read.

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

That's exactly why some people do use, even today, peroxide as a mouth wash.. it's a natural teeth whitener. Err, or maybe not natural but it does the job and is cheaper than the Crest whitening strips or a trip to the dentist.

9. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Neat article!

10. blazeadam

blazeadam Active Member

I rinse with peroxide every night because it kills plaque. Only thing that will stop me from getting cavities.

11. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Last week i went to my dentist and he got to told me that the only way to whitenen teeth is with peroxide.
    So i guess if you rinse with peroxide , like blazeadam said, it will whiten your teeth without having to pay a fortune at the dentist?

12. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice read, thanks alot:)