Comme il Faut shaving cream - great lather, but no skincare.

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by crackstar, Sep 1, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This would be an outstanding cream except for 2 things - the scent, and the skincare, or I should say, the lack of skincare. Let me explain:

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Very easy to work with. A pleasure that way.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--You can do 5, 6, 10 passes if you want with this cream.

General skincare: 5/10--My skin is sensitive. I find this cream drying. A trace of menthol is noticeable.

Scent: 5/10--Another loser. Very strong eucalyptus notes. Too strong.

Price: 10/10--Very reasonably-priced. Good for a budget-saver.

Would I buy again: 0/10--No. No way. My skin cannot handle this stuff. I use it rarely as it is.

Comme il Faut in French means properly, and this cream certainly does that. It also is a stable cream and very reliable that way, but for my type of skin, it just doesn't work. Oh well, that's life! 420-1W2.jpg

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Jeff, on some of the creams that you state do not provide you enough skincare, do you ever combine those creams with other creams with more skincare to see if you can improve them?

crackstar likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A very good point you bring in my attention. I have never thought to do that.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have noted two combinations that seem to work even better than the creams as a stand alone.
    One is Godrej Menthol Mist and Bump Stopper Gel. These two inexpensive items when combined provide cushioning and menthol (Godrej), slickness and healing from Tea Tree Oil (Bump Stopper). That was the combination I used for the DE Blade Challenge.
    The other is C.O. Bigelow and Barbasol Brushless Tube. Somehow this combination provides even a better effect as far as skin care. Barbasol seems to contain some good healing ingredients, but I don't like it by itself.
    It is interesting how sums are greater than the parts.

5. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Jeff,
    as oppose to you i like that cream, but i hate the scent.
    The after shave gel on the other hand is very good.