A most interesting find in a box of...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GDCarrington, Sep 11, 2011.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I had recently scored a travel tube of Burma Shave that was full. A nice find in and of itself.
    What I did not suspect was a piece of paper inside.

The image of both sides of the paper is provided along with the image of the Burma Shave.
    I do know that this cream was made in 1954 or later from the copyright listing.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Very cool GD, and a great read. :happy088:

Thanks for sharing!

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Cool indeed GDC. Great little bonus.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That is awesome! What a great drawing & brochure...

5. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Thanks for sharing - quite interesting!

6. Surprising that the Chariman advised consumers to use less of the product.

And now I'm trying to think of anything that may be wetter than water...

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, back then there were a number of CEOs who were honest with the public. If you read about Burma-Vita before they were bought out by ASR, they truly cared about their customers and felt that they were the reason that they stayed in business. It wasn't just lip service about the importance of the customer, like you see from the vast majority of corporations today. It was a different day and a very different set of values. In that respect, we need a massive influx of those values in the corporate world today!

battle.munky likes this.
  8. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

That's pretty neat! I like the honesty shown by the instructions as well.

9. Hear, hear!

battle.munky likes this.
  10. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I like that "Angle Stroke" diagram. I will be trying that in the morning with my ER '24.

11. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

That angle stroke is exactly what a slant head razor does, and why it cuts so well.
    I've always had good luck using the angle stroke. Less pulling, more slicing.

So, have you tried out that tube of Burma Shave yet? I'd have to give it a try.

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

I use the angle stroke (I like the name of it, I never knew what it was called) all the time to "shorten" the razor for shaving the concave area below my jawbone.

13. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Yeah nice find, :) great condition

14. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Awesome find!

It would be nice if shaving products today came with some sort of instructions. Nobody every really taught me to shave, just gave me a razor and told me to do it.

15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.

16. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Neat! Thanks for this.

17. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Which is why some say the Slant is a solution to a problem that does not exist.

18. Seamus

Seamus Member

Cool find! I'm also going to try the 'slant' method. New to me, but then; I'm a newbie!

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I would so use that tube of cream.

20. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

The great thing about a slant is that you don't have to hold it at an angle. I could be happy with my slant as my only razor, but that's not going to happen.
    I first started holding the razor at a slant when I used the Mach3 and then, the FUsion. It was the only way I could get them to give a halfway decent shave without pulling.
    These days, I use it mostly when my blade is about 1 shave away from needing to be replaced.

I'd use that cream, just to see how good it is and just to have used some real vintage cream.
    I'd probably use it with my Injector or my Micromatic.