Just got it...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Sep 9, 2011.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys

Just won this cased Richwood, in which the seller thought the black finish was "factory". Hmmm, gotta admit that cracked me up so I bid on it and won...yay. What I really liked was the "light cloudy areas in the black finish" part of the description. I will post pics of the "before" and "after" once I get the thing. Hopefully it'll all work out, if not...replating rrcww3.jpg rrcww4.jpg

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That black finish is pretty sweet! Don't know if I would shave with it though..lol! That's a beauty of a razor! It looks like it will polish/clean up really nice! Congrats on the win!

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool. Looking forward to the "after" pics.
    Enjoy.

4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Very nice, I like the wooden box, hope it shaves well.:) thanks for sharing

5. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Awesome! I love those wooden cases.

6. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Are you going to use the boiling water/baking soda/aluminum foil method of converting that tarnish back into silver?

7. huck1680

Yep, the baking soda trick will be first up

8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Good stuff! I love all of the wood-case Gillettes. Great craftsmanship from a time gone by. :)

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

nice razor and case. I can't wait for the after pics.

10. CoinsAndMore

CoinsAndMore New Member

Question. Should I polish up the silver on razors I want to sell, or leave them for the buyer to have fun with?

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

You'll see sellers on ebay polish up razors, do great photos and watch prices sky rocket. Scrubbing bubbles and a tooth brush work wonders. I believe the secret of many " mint " razors sold is the guy using the felt tip , liquid metal polish and a dremel. The guys at Razor Emporium did a nice magazine article that was linked on TSD in which they presented the best overview on cleaning razors, you might do a search.

12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Use the chemistry trick of hot water, baking soda, and aluminum foil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKLcc13WBo

Hanzo likes this.
  13. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

So it was you!!!.....I had my eye on that thing. Glad to see it went to a good home.

14. Brian

Brian Active Member

Cool deal, can't wait to see the after!

15. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Well, Huck? We're waiting! :cool: Got the sunglasses on, ready for the shine!

16. Seamus

Seamus Member

This may sound a little odd, but I've been using Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish on any steel or aluminum razors (after Scrubbing Bubbles, natch). It does a great job. I don't have a camera, sorry. I haven't tried it on plated surfaces.

newb likes this.
  17. huck1680

Guys I just got back from a short holiday and the Richwood arrived...it's not good, I'll start a new thread with pics tomorrow

18. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Bummer.