CELLA Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Johnny, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I must be getting old as I think I've searched this site pretty well but don't find much of anything on this shave soap.

So, opinions appreciated as I am considering buying some to try. So there is no mistake what I'm talking about, here is a picture of the product.

Thanks

CELLA.jpg

jmsodpc and scott wein like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Cella is a nice soap. The tub I had was completely devoid of the cherry scent that I have seen it described as having. I probably had an old, stale tub...

Grab one! If you do not like it, you are sure to be able to sell or trade it here.

Poraso Green Tub on the other hand... that is a must have in my world!

icemanwbs likes this.
  3. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I agree with you 100% about the Proraso Green Tub. It is in my weekly rotation.

Photo0456_2.jpg

scott wein and supe like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Cella is a fantastic soap. Great lather and skincare.

jmsodpc likes this.
  5. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Cella is a favorite of mine,nice soft soap.Sure like the way my face feels after a shave with this soap.But there are some that do not prefer it.If you do find you love it ,buy the 1kg brick for about 35 dollars.;)

crackstar likes this.
  6. crackstar

Some guys prefer the cherry-almond scent of a soap like P160 or Fitness, but the bitter almond scent of Cella appeals to me also. I think perhaps the Cella is better for sensitive skin.

7. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, on the glowing recommendations above, I ordered some tonight. I will report on this thread how I like or dislike it when it arrives. To be fare, I will give it at least 7 shaves before I render judgement.

8. herzi

herzi Active Member

I prefer the kilo block of the Cella. It's called purissima purissima Extra. The soap is similar but the almond scent is not so strong with the kilo block.

markjnewcomb likes this.
  9. ¢orey

¢orey New Member

Is there are difference between the tub and the 1kg brick? Was thinking of ordering from the Italian Barber but not sure if it's overkill to order both.

10. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I've been told there is a difference but not sure exactly what the difference is, other than the composition of the product.

true01 likes this.
  11. herzi

herzi Active Member

There is a difference scent. Both behave similar but the block has the better scent and is the better value for the money.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

And here I dumped my Cella because it had no cherry scent... now to find out it is not supposed to smell like cherry!

13. Destutt de tracy

Destutt de tracy New Member

Nice scent, creamy leather and similar to valobra..i still prefer icoloniali or proraso's sensitive cream but well cella is still a must have

14. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, I tried it and I loved it. Then in a moment of insanity, I put it in a box with some other creams that I PIF'd to one of the members. Oh well, it found a good home and I just ordered more. When this product runs out, I will order one of the 1k blocks, as stated above it is probably the best bang for the buck.

Luteplayers, Paulie and SharpSpine like this.
  15. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

It is in a loving home Johnny! I feel bad that you ended up ordering more. I could have just sent it back as your PIF was beyond belief even without the Cella.

It also looks like you are getting into more than just your MWF lately too!

16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I hate to say this, but I might be having some bad reactions to my MWF products. I am doing some trial and error to find out. I have always used Italian products, mainly Proraso for longer than I can remember and have always loved them. I really like the MWF products but time will tell if I stick with it. Someone once told me if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Maybe I should just stick with what I know works.

17. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I really hope you're aren't having a skin reaction to the MWF, and that you can keep enjoying it.

18. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

That is sincerely my hope as well.

19. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

My current rotation idea is to use one soap for about a week at a time. Just finished a week with modern Williams, and today, I started a planned week with Cella.

Cella isn't exactly one of my favorites, and I don't plan to buy any more once I use up what I've got. The lather is as good as anything, but the smell is, not bad, but a bit overdone for my taste.

Still, this morning I noticed that the smell wasn't as strong as I remembered. I'd packed the contents of the red tub into a Surrey mug, so it wouldn't slop over the sides when I loaded the brush, and it's only loosely covered. Like Arko, maybe it benefits from being aired out. Anyway, it will be no hardship to finish this off so it doesn't go to waste.

20. crackstar

I still say this soap is so nice and enjoyable. I love the scent, lather, and everything else about it. As soon as colder weather begins here, I'll start to use it more often.

Paulie likes this.