How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Dom!!!

How have you been?

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

OH BTW: Thanks a lot for the Racist Coffee video (whoever that was, Erik?). Everytime I ordered plain coffee and they asked if I meant black this weekend (didn't make coffee at campsite this trip), I had that song in my head.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Yeah, that was me. I can't help but share the torture I'm subjected to. Lucky for you the last thing that annoying I heard is totally inappropriate.

4. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Hi! Thank you very much JoAnna! That was mighty nice of you. :)
    Hey Justin. I've been well. Keeping really busy these days. Work has been nuts and I've been out and about on my bike and at the gym almost every day for the past few weeks. I've got a 50 mile bike ride on Sunday, so I'm preparing as much as I can for that.

How's everyone doing?

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

morning everyone!

Man, I have been zonking out early and then having troubles waking up in the morning. It was a beautiful morning for the daily walk. Warm enough that I still didn't need a jacket, but cool enough that I wasn't over heating by the end. Yesterday it was cool enough that I needed that jacket at first and by the first mile, I was overheating.

hmmm... it looks like it is time to make kiddo's breakfast and wake her up.

6. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

So my job that I am currently working has decided to keep me guessing on whether or not I'll get paid this week or next week. They are leaning more towards that I will get paid next week....and rent is in the beginning of next week......I asked them if I could get paid sooner(this week), and they said, "Let's hope so. Why don't you bum the money off of your friends..." :angry021:

(hypothetical situation)
    My Landlord: Hey, how about that rent money you owe me?
    Me: Awww nah man. Let's hope I get it to you soon, bro-cha-cho.
    My Landlord: Let's hope I don't evict you soon.
    Me: Hope not.
    Me: Hey buddy, can you spare a couple hundred dollars for your ole pal?
    Friend: I am hopefully getting paid next week, sorry.
    Me: I was hoping that you had the money. No problem.

Hopelessly Frustrated. :angry032:

On another note, I am debating whether to go ahead and clunk down on an iPhone now, or wait until they upgrade...Any opinions? I know I'll be going with AT&T. Main reason for them is because all of my family is on AT&T. So free mobile minutes..yada yada yada. After I hopefully get my paycheck of course.

7. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Watching "Monty Python's Flying Circus" on Netflix......

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No, you're not.

;)

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Speaking of Ni! and Monty Python...

I was a parent conference a little while ago. There was a comment made about a newt in someone's classroom. At that point, I spent the rest of the conference wanting to make a comment about being turned into a newt.

10. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Well uh, I got better.

blazeadam likes this.
  11. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I definitely killed the thread last night.

Starting CPR. Someone bring out an AED and call an ambulance.

I dropped my bike off at the shop last night for a quick tune up before my bike ride Sunday. I'll be picking it back up today a couple hours after I get back from work. Though it hasn't been away from me very long, I still feel a little naked without it around.

In other news, I discovered two great things last night. The first was at the gym. I tried out a rowing machine for the first time. So low impact, and so enjoyable. Doesn't bother my knees at all!

The second was a frozen yogurt place that has an absolutely huge selection of flavors and toppings (all of which is self serve). I got peanut butter and chocolate. Yum!

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not quite. I was referencing this..

:biggrin:

13. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

But I didn't come here for an argument!

14. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

BGDAAAAAAAAAAA!

Freakin' dang it!

So, I've got six new computers I'm deploying today. Just got the image done for ghosting (hard drive imaging) finished day before yesterday, then spent most of yesterday trying to rebuild the boot disc with the right DOS drivers for the network card. After a couple of tries, got it. Then there was another problem with the disc, and then I fixed that.

Got the computers all in place, booted up, connected to my machine, which is the ghost server, and away the go.

Then, from nowhere, a storm suddenly builds and comes through.

PTL for rain! We need the rain! Holy carp do we need the rain!

But for the love of all that is network-y, couldn't it have waited 31 MORE FREAKIN' SECONDS FOR THE STINKIN' IMAGE TO FINISH!?!?!?!

BGDAAAAAAAA!!!!!

EDIT: Double BGDAAAAA!!!! Internet outage just as I hit the Reply button 10 minutes ago, and now I finally get to post this

Edit 2: well, apparently my post did take the first time, even though I was without internet connection at the time....weird

15. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Quiet day here. Weather is bleak and rainy today. The rain is very welcomed after a very dry summer. The rain amplifies my arthritis pain.
    I had a great shave this morning, that sets the tone for a great day.

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Falling asleep at my desk while I wait for darling daughter to finish her homework and get started on getting caught up on her typing she is behind on. Then going to a volleyball game.

Hope you get the rain you need, Jim.

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Just finished some take-out from Culver's in the hotel room. Cheese Curds and Pumpkin milkshakes are amazing foods.

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I was looking through my phone pics this evening and ran into this pic I took over the summer. I don't think that I have shared it yet.

oh snap.. the file is too big... gonna have to upload it elsewhere first.

OK... try this again...

[​IMG]

19. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Did some halloween shopping this evening, preparing for this year's party. We're just going to have a small gathering this time, not really a huge undertaking like usual. No outdoor maze or pirate shack or anything. (Honestly, I'm having a hard time building up my excitement... I don't think my meds are quite working like they're supposed to.)

Also, after a short discussion with TWGW the other night, I decided I wanted to spruce up my attire a bit, so I made a big purchase tonight--2 brand new, un-pre-tied, bow-ties. Yup. Bow-ties. Within about 10 minutes of fiddling, I taught myself how to tie them, and I must say, I cut quite the dashing figure in a bow-tie. I used to really be a tie kind of person, but my work kind of doesn't lend itself to neck-ties, so I"ve gotten out of the habit.

Plus, you know, bow-ties aren't really very mainstream these days, and I have to maintain my hipster cred.

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    yup.
    betterbowtie.jpg

Perhaps I could interest you in a nice fez while you're here, sir? All the fashionable Time Lords are wearing them these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.