How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

A couple of us have daughters who act very similar. You might want to watch for Autism spectrum issues - most likely Asperbergers Syndrome. Tough to say at that age for certain, but just something to watch.

lradke likes this.
  2. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

Mine too... oh wait, you are all talking about children... I thought we were on about teachers. Disregard.

3. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I know...Our pediatrician has warned us to look for those signs because of her listening abilities, and such. I haven't been told any syndrome that specific though...just Autism. Thank you for your post! I'll look further into it. Like others, I am hoping things get better as she gets older...but no matter what, I'll always love her just the same!

BTW - Update from my wife in Israel, I was just told she is staying in the West Bank tonight and going to Jerusalem tomorrow for a few days. Other than drama from travelling as a group of 4 women (internal bickering)...the trip has been a blast so far!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

yup... and gymnastics was certainly a place that my daughter's issues were clearly seen when she was 4.

5. micah1_8

Bought a 5foot skeleton tonight. $30 at walgreens. It's a great deal. It's somewhere between a "Bucky" and a "Blucky" closer to the "Bucky" end of the spectrum. I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

6. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I'm sleepy.

Looking forward to Sunday.

There's a huge food festival tomorrow that I may go to. Over 100 restaurants will be present with all you can eat goodies. Yum.

7. micah1_8

Woohoo! Picking up my camper shell today! I'm anxious to get it loaded on my truck and set up.

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Had to miss my Sat. morning date with the wife to get work done. The boss needed stuff by noon. It's done now, but yuck. Maybe we'll go out for dinner and leave the kid home later.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It has taken me close to 30k shells over the last 4 years 1 month and 6 days to get my first straight on the skeet field, but I have finally done it.

battle.munky and swarden43 like this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiice! :happy096:

PanChango likes this.
  11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks Steve.

12. micah1_8

Well, we gott the camper shell mounted today! Once I got it home and got a good look at it, I see that it needs some TLC. Turns out I was wrong, it isn't fiberglass after all, it's some kind of thermalplastic stuff, like ice chests are made out of. It's almost a vinyl type stuff. It's a Brahma brand cap. I'm going to have to replace all the latches (3), silicone around some of the seams, replace the door struts, and either find some trim to cover the front edge, or fabricate a piece to make the front a little more aerodynamic. I'm also going to have to remove the back glass, bend the door frame a bit, and put the glass back in.

Even with all the work it needs, it's in pretty good shape, and it looks pretty good on my truck.

So far I've got about $8 for sheetmetal screws and gasket tape and a day's work invested in it. Not too bad, I say.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Bravo!

Sounds like an excellent way to invest time and take your mind off of work. Before I have a pickup, I kept finding cheap or free camper tops. When I had my pickup, I couldn't find a one and the cheapest cover was $200. I ended up getting a tonneau cover which was really just a PITA in disguise. After I no longer had my truck, I saw camper tops at the side of the road again. Murphy likes to scoff and LOL at me. I miss my truck, but keeping the truck wasn't an option.

14. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Just noticed Netflix streaming has "HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN" I wanted to see that movie for some strange reason.

15. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Faith Hill coming up soon! :drool:

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yup... Maybe I won't miss it this week.

In unrelated news: from a DeathStarPR Tweet: Don't think of it as being "tortured with Force lightning", think of it as being "tickled by Jazz hands with pretty sparkles".

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Another week here at How's Your Day.

"Every time I go and shave, I assume there's someone else on the planet shaving. So I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too.'"
    Mitch Hedberg

rodd likes this.
  18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

misty morning walk
    lots of frogs out on the path
    the dog goes crazy

coffee in the mill
    pot of water on the stove
    grind grind grind away

19. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality