Williams Week Sep. 19-25, 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by swarden43, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Odd week for me and I haven't been posting my shaves this week in the SOTD thread, but there was a Williams shave in there somewhere (Wednesday maybe? :think002:), since Steve threatened to kneecap me if I didn't. :scared001:

IIRC:

Hot Shower
    Vie-Long Sardinero Horse Hair Brush
    Modern Williams
    Lord L6 Razor
    Voskhod Blade
    Pinaud Clubman

The smaller stiffer Sardinero horse hair brush worked up a good lather with the Williams, which has almost none of its scent left, and I now remember using Pinaud Clubman to round out an old school shave that day.

Just kidding about Steve and the kneecap thing.

swarden43 likes this.
  2. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave:

Merkur 37G
    Voskhod
    VDH boar
    vintage Williams + a couple drops of M-bomb
    Post: warm rinse, WH, cool rinse, C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum ASB

Fantastic shave this afternoon!

3. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Hmmm, I guess you have a point there. For some reason, I always think of Sunday as the start of my week, rather than the end. That means that the Williams will have to face the 39C Slant/Feather combo.
    My Body Shop Maca Root Cream will have to wait until Monday morning now.

4. Nairb

Nairb Active Member

I can't take straight Williams for one more day! I'm going stark raving mad from boredom!

Instead I think I'll drag out the VanDer Williams. Maybe put some menthol in the dish.

5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

LOL! Yeah, I have a nice smelling puck of TSD pumpkin crying for use. However, another Williams day down.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

One last shave to go....

7. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to have my pumpkin arrive before the start of Williams week, which I have really enjoyed (I liked Williams anyway). I don't think that you will be disappointed, man is that scent awesome though.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy102: sounds like a few of you are glad Williams Week has come to an end.
    Yup. Me, too. Ready to get back into my rotation and all those sweet smells.
    Nope. The Skeeter-Be-Gone smell is still not a favorite.

Had a great lather to end the week, though. Used my Omega 10098, the big boy. Tried something very different from my normal routine - I put a few drops of water on top of the ol' Williams puck just before I got into the shower. Don't know if that helped; I had a nice lather from my Vulfix 406 on Friday, and I didn't put any water on the puck before the shower then.

9. Sodapopjones

Well Steve, the first few days I honestly didn't understand how I used Williams in the past for as long as I did.... Now towards the end of the week, some of my old tricks popped back in my head and I got a decent shave, however this being said I'm looking forward to shaving with whatever I want whenever I want... I dunno if I'm a theme week kind of guy.

10. swarden43

Thanks for hanging in there, Aaron.
    Guess that depends on the theme of the theme ;)
    If you have a variety of items that fall into the category for that week, no problems with changing things up every day.
    MWF Week is the only other week that I can see that limits you to only one item or product. The rest of the weeks are pretty open to the size of one's den.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  11. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Williams Week-day 7

This has been a fun week.

Valet Autostrop razor
    Feather blade
    Modern Williams soap
    Unknown brand oak handle brush
    Vintage Old Spice Leather after shave

12. wknicholas

wknicholas Well-Known Member

Sunday morning,

Gillette NEW Short Comb,
    Israeli Personna Crystal Blade (3)
    Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger Brush,
    Williams Mug Soap w/ hot water lather,
    finish w/ cold water rinse. DFS!

13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sunday:

Omega Wooden Handle
    Super Speed/Personna day 2
    Williams Menthol SC :love029::love029::smiley freezing::smiley freezing:
    Keri unscented moisturizer
    Osage Rub AS :love029::love029::Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Polo Original EDT

I hope this shave I had today will be accepted as being part of Williams Week. I know it's a different kind of Williams, but it's still Williams! It's such a good cream - the scent is so nice, and the lather and the cooling effect are phenomenal. BTW, my wife loves the Polo on me - she says I smell classy and sexy! ;) :biggrin:​

14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Williams Week: Sunday

• EJ DE89L
    • Voshkod (4 or 5 :think002:)
    • Vintage Canadian Williams
    • Omega 48
    • Barbasol Pacific Rush

Wow, what a great shave today. I'm glad Williams Week ended well and even more glad that I'm fortunate enough to have some of the vintage stuff. Amazingly thick and cushiony lather. The 48 performed incredibly, as I have come to expect. The 89 with a Voshkod could quite possibly be the only razor/blade combo I would ever need. Round it out with some Pacific Rush and I'm in blissful faceterbatorial heaven. 4.5/5 blades :)

SOTD_9-25-2011.jpg

15. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Sunday, September 25

55’ Gillette Super Speed Red Tip
    Feather (d1)
    Preshave Oil Blend
    Tabac SS
    Tweezerman Badger
    Stephans Island Lime

16. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Do you also have an Omega Pro 48, by any chance? I have the 48, and consider it a wee bit floppy, because it has such a huge loft. Massive paintbrush. I'm considering getting a 98, because I like the look of the long handle. It has a slightly smaller loft than the 48, so I'm wondering if the knot has a bit more backbone than the 48? Any comparative comments welcome.

17. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I always soak my Williams puck before using it. It is a very thirsty soap. Does this tend to use more product? Probably, but for approx. $1.50 per puck, I'm not worried about frugality.

18. Sodapopjones

Its funny, if I were to do research and match the price of Williams longevity (Multiple pucks) to that of a triple milled soap, the triple milled soap would still probably wind up cheaper in the end.

This being said, I had a great shave yesterday, granted it took forever to get the soap residue off my face, but it didn't dry out or dissipate, it was a decent lather.

19. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

So, yesterday was my first time trying Modern Williams Shave Soap. And I must say...I don't really care for it. I did get good lather, but the smell did it in for me. I'd rather PIF it to someone than to hang on to it. If anyone is interested, PM your address to me.

20. swarden43

I have the 49, which is just a mm smaller than the 48, but the same size as the 98. I honestly don't think I would be able to tell a 5mm difference in loft and 1mm difference in knot size. But that's me.

I used the 98 yesterday with the Williams soap, and the 49 this morning with TBS Maca Root cream. No complaints about anything.