Williams Week Sep. 19-25, 2011

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by swarden43, Sep 12, 2011.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

WHAT?!?! YOU DON'T LIKE SKEETER-BE-GONE?!?! Let me show you my shocked face :shocked003:

pssst... I don't care for it, either.

2. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Hey! It's a perfect soap to take camping!

3. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

HAHA! So true.
    That was my first reaction when I smelled it. It smells like OFF spray or something.

4. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Williams Sunday

Omega Pro 48
    Williams Mug
    39C Sledgehammer Slant + Feather blade
    Clubman a/s

A fine, smooth end to a Wonderful Williams Week.

Non-Williams Monday.

Considered going for a Menthol Monday, but decided I needed something a bit more..... luxurious than my Proraso or Omega.
    So.... it was the TBS Maca Root cream for this morning. 'Twas a treat.

Omega 66
    Maca Root cream
    38C + Personna Lab
    Clubman VI Bay Rum

Aaaahhhhhhh..............

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Do you really think so? So, you're saying that the number of shaves from a puck of, say, Tabac..... would exceed the total number of shaves of the total number of Williams pucks which, combined, would equal the price of one Tabac puck? Or something like that....?

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Actually yes, just going by C&E soaps, or say Trumpers *They seriously never want to die* Williams would lose out, at least with my lathering technique of Williams. During Williams week, in getting a comparable lather to these soaps I probably used about half the puck up alone.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I agree.

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I'm right with Aaron and Steve using modern Williams. The vintage puck I started on during Williams week is completely different and you can barely tells it's used after the 5 shaves I've used it for.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I suppose my technique is different. I get about 8 months of daily use from a puck of Modern Williams. I am definitely not head strong enough to only use it and nothing else. A little variety goes a long way for me.

I will always have a puck of it in my den. It is what my dad taught me to use about 25 years ago and he still uses to this day. I have tried to introduce some variety to him, but he likes his Williams and won't use anything else.

Griff76 and Alebrewer like this.
  10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Dad has much wisdom there; he does not want to get hooked on something else that will go out of production in his lifetime!

While I now have six pucks of vintage Williams on hand, and a puck of modern Williams sitting out in the open air, hoping to lose the "skeeter be gone scent" and also knowing that the formula has changed a bit over the years... I bet that way down, deep inside, the Old Man takes a great deal of comfort in the fact that he can still grab a refill puck of Williams down at the local store!

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

My puck of Williams has been in an OS mug and occasionally used for the last few months. I notice absolutely no scent from it. Even when fresh, it isnt nearly as strongly scented as Arko or any of the other soaps I use. Give it some time.

His favorite was the Old Spice soap. When that got discontinued, he moved over to Williams and has been using it for the last 35 or so years. He has a stock of about half a dozen pucks in the closet. I left him with a few different soaps to try and they sit unused until he gets tired of looking at them and gives them back. I did get him a new brush last year that he really digs, a Vulfix 404 mixed knot.

swarden43 likes this.
  12. stingraysrock

Pops sounds like the Old Man that I, and many others aspire to be.

My own Vulfix 404 will be here this week... perhaps I need to stock up on the Williams and off-load everything else!

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Enough of the crazy talk. What I didn't mention is that he uses a Fusion and nothing else. He had some absolutely miserable DE shaves using carbon blades as a youngster and told me never again. He did enjoy using an injector, but said he is happy with the shave from the Fusion. He's retired, shaves twice a week if he feels like it and is happy with his routine. I recognize that and don't pester him too much to try new things.

14. stingraysrock

Hmmph! Oldster-Hipster's! What next! :biggrin:

I do remember some posts of yours awhile back, leaving Pops a few razors here and there...him not biting on them.

In the end, there is still a lesson to be learned here;

<channels Steve>

"It is Your shave, enjoy it Your way."

PanChango likes this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

True enough.

16. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Its probably because you have real water in that part of PA, this is where my water comes from, yeah...
    [​IMG]