Subscribed forums

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by hoglahoo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Could someone kindly tell me how to subscribe to a forum (or 'watch' it maybe)? Either that feature is no longer with us, or I can't figure it out (or both, I guess!)

thanks

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not sure that's a feature at this time.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I just clicked on WATCH THREAD that is just above the first post, off to the right side.
    It asked if I would like to watch with or without email notification, then enter response.
    Clicking on WATCHED THREADS just below the HOME FORUMS STORE etc. banner brings up any unread threads you are watching. It will also ask if you would like to show all watched threads.

If you no longer want to watch a thread, go back to just above the first post, off to the right side, and click UNWATCH THREAD. It will ask you if you want to stop watching the thread.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Lee wants to watch a forum, not a thread. :)

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Really surprised this isn't a core feature yet. I've got something I think will work. Watch forum link is now available. Since this is untested, i'll call it a beta release until we get some use under it's belt.

Subscribed forums - TheShaveDen 2011-09-26 18-29-54.png

Queen of Blades likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So I stand (rather, sit) corrected. Thank you :biggrin:

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Handy tool for the moderators - great work!

8. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Thanks! I can't believe we get such great service free of charge - don't get any ideas though, hehe :)

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Heh! While I greatly appriciate the ad and subscription free forum that we call Home, and I support TSD by posting and buying from the TSD Store... I for sure would pay a fee to be able to access my daily shave forum fix known as The Shave Den!

Okay, now that I have said all of that... I am off to donate to NPR so I can continue to receive my radio fix to and from work, in between my shave stuff fix!

TSD! Thank You! This Is The Best Wet Shave Board On The Planet!