Osage rub and Booster polar Ice

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by tuco99, Sep 30, 2011.

1. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

With my latest order I rec'd these two products.I've tried both now and quit enjoy them.I think I ordered the Osage rub too late in the season as I had a frozen face for awhile after.

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Osage Rub is one of the best face-freezers around. Not too much of a scent, but the menthol is ultra-powerful. The Booster Polar Ice has a great scent which doesn't really last so long, but the cooling effect is minimal to almost non-existant. I cannot understand why the company gave it that name, but I still enjoy it a lot.

scott wein likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I am of the opinion Osage Rub has no season - use it year round.
    The menthol effect has all but worn off by the time I step outside, so what difference does it make if it's 93 or 26 degrees outside?

That's just me.

battle.munky and crackstar like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I agree, Steve.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I think in the past Osage Rub was seen more as a hair tonic. In the old days every barber had his own version of Osage Rub he made himself and the head massage was a offering of barbers. I like it as a tingling hair tonic more than as aftershave, it makes my eyes water, strong stuff. Agreed that Polar Ice is nice so is Jickey and Aquarius , nice old time scents , Boosters=good stuff.

Dridecker likes this.
  6. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

I've used the Osage a couple times when I've gone with a Menthol Soap/cream and the cooling effect is unbelieveable. My eyes actually water when I'm walking around the house after I shave and use these products together.

7. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

I myself like to add a bit of Osage to my aftershave milk. A yummy chill.

8. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Osage Rub is powerful stuff, it brings tears to my eyes. I love using it.