Simpsons Shaving Cream; sneak peak

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Sodapopjones, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Mark, has posted images on twitter and another site... Tweeting for more details.

[​IMG]

Expected to hit the market this month, by the end of November.

Untitled.jpg

rodd likes this.
  2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Interesting. Looking forward to hearing reviews!

alpla444 likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Wonder why they'd call it SimpsonS and not Simpson?

4. Sodapopjones

[​IMG]

Simpsons being the logo; as for the history you would have to ask Mark or Gary.

5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Darn them, just when I had this soap thing figured out. Keep us posted. I will try some.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Maybe they just truncated the apostrophe.... Simpson's... Simpsons....

7. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I haven't been a huge fan of their late public presentations... I'm also not wholly convinced with this soap--it looks like the same tin SCS uses. Not that it's a bad thing, but the name Simpson you'd think would bring more. I guess it all comes down to what's inside the tin, so we'll have to wait and see.

And is it just me or has Simpson let their name get to their head a little?

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    My money is on it being made by Creightons. Not like Simpson(s) decided to just go ahead and fire up a shaving cream factory all of a sudden.

I'm sure it'll be a lovely product. Creightons makes good stuff.

9. Sodapopjones

How is it any different than the other establishments? In reality they all pretty much outsource their soap/cream production with specific requirements for their own products, chemistry; however limits what all can be done.

Possibly, which wouldn't be a bad thing, as you said Creightons does make great stuff!

I'm sure more information will be had as this was just something Mark was using to tease people with.

10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Should be interesting to see how this lathers up.

11. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Well, firstly, by public presentations I meant their representatives put a bad taste in my mouth whether I deal with them directly or indirectly (reading someone else's experience, etc.).

Secondly, by "bringing" more I meant a better container, or presentation of the product. I really enjoy products with presentation that was well thought out (ie. GFT, T&H, Proraso, MWF).

But, as I said, it boils down to what's inside, so I won't say much yet. But it better be real good because of the statement "best on the market, no doubt". I'll be real disappointed if Simpson pulls something on me again.

And no, i'm not anti-Simpson. I'm a proud owner of a CH2, Wee Scot, and ex owner of a Duke 2 and 3.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Alebrewer

Alebrewer Active Member

I'll bet that no one here on TSD bothers to try any - we all have too many soaps & creams, right? ;)

13. Sodapopjones

Are you referring to Mark's actions across the street? Here and at SMF hes completely different; mainly because hes not being attacked. I will let him fight his own wars, however lol....

I don't really mind the container myself; like you said "It boils down to whats inside" and I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

14. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I'm talking about B&B too. I'm not sure if it was Mark or Gary but one of the two needs to get their act together. Regardless, more talk of the product! Is there any hint at other products, or just soap?

15. Sodapopjones

If its what I'm thinking you're talking about it started over something being taken out of context from SMF and in turn started something that shouldn't have happened; all parties were in some way at fault. Regardless both seem to have made SMF their home as of late, Gary has some medical problems and hasn't been very active; I should note Gary is a member of the Simpson family and not a member of the staff.

Regarding the actual products, I believe a soap is in the works as well, however the cream is the product being released now.

16. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I read the title of this thread and my first thought was: "Wow, I wonder what brand of shave cream Homer uses..."

battle.munky and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

He uses a Braun electric....

[​IMG]

Alebrewer likes this.
  18. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

DOH!

battle.munky likes this.
  19. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

interesting, I'll be interested to hear the reviews once it comes out.

20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Quick update...I e-mailed mark this morning about a release date (because of the November reference), and he replied saying that they had to be pushed back a few (3) weeks because of delays with the pots. So I am thinking it will be out around Christmas or New Years.