Couple new restores.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rodd, Oct 22, 2011.

1. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great job, Rodd. They look fantastic. Especially that butterscotch one. Beautiful.

rodd likes this.
  2. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Rodd,

Not much for the butterscotch handles. But this one is different. Its like the "cat's meow". Great looking and I know from experience that the TGN knot and your master craftsmanship in doing the re-knot make this a brush that I would love to own.

I am still getting great shaves using the 3 brushes you re-knotted for me. Thanks for showing these two to us.

rodd likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Love that butterscotch handle. A beautiful brush. Well done Rodd!

rodd likes this.
  4. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

:signs107:

Maybe I will give it a try.
    How hard can it be... right?

rodd likes this.
  5. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

Oh.... and the butterscotch looks mighty tasty! :happy088:

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

It's the measuring that gets me. Horrible in school at all things math beyond adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, and no technical skills or know how at all, I haven't a clue how to measure and know what I'm doing. I can't even figure out how to read this caliper tool I bought for measuring. I had 3 handles just sitting here for a year and finally I begged Jeff to reknot 'em for me. Even gave him the Dremel accessory kit I bought that's just been sitting here a year. :happy097:

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

great job Rodd. Heirloom work. Really nicely done. I wish I had those skills.