Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Johnny, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I probably should have asked this question before I ordered this, but has anyone tried the Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg shaving soap?

IMG_4697.jpg

From their website:

What extracts does it contain?
    Fig Milk - Known for its restorative benefits to the skin
    Glycerine - To soothe and moisturise
    Olive Oil - An excellent moisturiser
    Vitamin E - To replenish and protect
    Why is this so good?
    This is a refill for our traditional shaving soap in the wooden bowl, and also fits our branded porcelain bowls. Created for a traditional shave, this luxurious vegetable based soap creates a creamy lather, with added natural extracts to soothe, nourish and moisturise the skin during and after shaving.

fishcrow likes this.
  2. BullGoose

BullGoose Well-Known Member

Yes Johnny, I have. I really like it (both the scent and the lather) and hope it works well for you.

3. sas71

sas71 Member

i have a puck.

slick and cushiony
    smells great/also a nice scent for the holidays imo
    triple milled/last forever + day

the only con is the price but with it being triple milled its going to last a good while. ive used mine in my rotation since xmas 2010 and doesnt look like ive put much of a dent in it.

it doesnt whip up as fast as Tabac but it doesnt take all day like Williams.

My skin is oily so i really cant give you any feedback on the skin care properties.

4. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Very interesting! Thanks for the input fellas and thanks for the post Johnny!

5. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, it felt like Christmas this morning when the USPS arrived. I got my soap, after shave balm, a little wooden bowl to put the soap in, and a nice shave mug from Straight Razor Design. I will use these products tomorrow and report back.

Photo0694.jpg

Dridecker and GDCarrington like this.
  6. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Very nice! Let us know how you like them.

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with this soap, which vendor did you order it from?

8. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I got it from QED but both Lee's and Barclay sell it. I was notified today that Phil at BullGoose has some product on order and will be a dealer for it very soon.

They make a complete line of bath and body stuff.

Bath House

9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

That bowl looks really nice. Let us know how they perform.

10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Thanks.

11. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, here are my first thoughts on this product. As posted in the SoS for today.

Well, after reading all the reviews about this Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg product, I just had to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very easy to make a nice thick soft lather which did a great job of protecting my face while making a three pass shave. The after shave balm is also very soothing. I was trying to figure out the scent when it hit me, DUH!, smells like figs and nutmeg. On a scale of 1-10, this morning I would give it a 9 and it will be used for the next four or five shaves just to be sure I have not made a mistake.

Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Three.jpg

12. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Nice picture Johnny! How did you like your Shaving bowl/mug? Is the scent of soap strong?

13. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I got that bowl/mug from Straight Razor Design in Ohio and they have them made by a local potter there. I really like it. The big knot/handle fits well in the palm of your hand. The thing that surprised me about this is they stock every style mug and scuttle that they have pictured on their site. I highly recommend their service.

The scent is not strong at all. Very mild and slowly fades to where you can just tell you have it on. Very different from anything I have used before, but believe it is a keeper.

14. sas71

sas71 Member

it is a different scent...very nice imo. i think ill have to get mine out this week. to me its a nice scent for the holidays.

enjoy it.

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Bumping the thread because...

1) I have been curious about this soap for a long time. However, with my skin sensitivity issues, I was curious if anyone has run into any issues with the soap before I order some.
    2)Are you still using that mug? How do you feel about it now?

16. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

Well, I have had some slight skin irritation with this product so don't use it as much as I thought I would. Right now my son has it and he seems to really like it.

I still feel the same way about the mug but don't use it as much as I use to since I got my DB scuttle.