Snow Coming!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

First big snow storm of the season expected to start later tonight here on the front range. 4 to 8 inches estimated as of now. Drove the Jeep to work today. Flannel jacket and fleece pants. Ice scraper on hand. I'm ready!

Oh yeah...and back to 70's next week. :happy088: I love CO weather!

Williams Warrior likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I hope we don't see much of the white stuff for a while yet. It has been getting down into the 30's at night here.

The Commander does pretty well in the snow.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Yeah, I'll be driving up near your place tonight and working early tomorrow. Thankfully, it will barely be cold enough for snow. But we might get lots of it.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The Queen doesn't. :Animatedfrozensmily:

5. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Snow?!? What is this?!? :scared011:

6. Queen of Blades

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I saw a woman walking around town by my work wearing a Snuggie. It might help in your snow woes...

8. Queen of Blades

Do they have electric snuggies?

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Queen of Blades likes this.
  10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

They keeping telling me that it snows here in Arkansas. An inch of snow here closes everything down.
    I spent most my winters along Lake Michigan in Illinois, winters here are nothing at all.

11. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky. Have I ever stated on this forum that I luv, luv, luv winter!:love055:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

It would be GREAT to wake up tomorrow to an ice covered Washington! I could use a day off!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

It came. I'm at work where we have about 8 inches. Forecast said 6-12" here by the end of the day. The house was forecast 10-14" so could be even more. Poor wife.

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hope she's good with a shovel...When I brought my wife from Istanbul to live in CT...She had never had to deal with more than a couple inches a year, so she loved shoveling snow. We had a landlord who had a tractor and snow-plow, but she wouldn't wait...I'd see snow flying from her shovel but couldn't see her, cause the drifts were so high...LOL.
    Now we're back in Istanbul and she misses, Digging out the cars and our parking area and driveway...Ha,Ha, I miss watching her...:)

15. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

About 6" at my place. The big, wet, heavy, fluffy stuff. Had to take a broom to all the trees before the snow laden branches snapped off. Very picturesque and beautiful view this morning.

16. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Wife said she only had about 3 inches. That's a good thing!

Shep likes this.
  17. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Taken from the wife's cell phone. Gives you an idea how heavy this stuff was/is. Branches are noticeably dipping. Gorgeous none the less:

SnowTree.jpg

My Snow Queens:

SnowQueens.jpg

18. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

I wouldn't mind a little snow. Our well went dry yesterday.

19. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

Snow has brought a lot of power outages here in Connecticut, include 90% in my town, and I'm not part of the lucky 10%. Needless to say, I'm not typing this from home.:Animatedfrozensmily: Plans for tomorrow still slightly unsettled, but we'll cope somehow. Between Hurricane Irene and this, I don't think I've ever seen so many trees fall in such a short time.

20. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Yep...you folks in the NE got nailed, no doubt about it. I've read a few news stories and it doesn't look like a very good time up there right now. As for us, we have another blow coming in tonight exactly one week later from when I posted the first storm. Expecting about 6 to 10 inches this time but another fast mover. Sposed to be all done by noon tomorrow.