Taylor of Old Bond Street

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Widow's Son, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Widow's Son

Widow's Son New Member

Hello All,

What is your favorite scent in TOBS cream?

So far I have tried the Mr. Taylor, and the Rose.

I favor the Mr. Taylor, but the Rose was very nice also.

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Mr. Taylor is very nice indeed. The Rose is very Rosy, not my thing though. Avocado smells like pumpkin guts to me, which is not all that bad.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If I had to start back again on the Taylor's creams, I would go with the almond.

Sodapopjones likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I've really enjoyed the scent of Eton College since the reformulation a couple years ago.

BassTone likes this.
  5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I've only tried two, Rose and Avocado, of those two I prefer the Rose.

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I've sniffed the lot of them at Pasteur's. The only one I brought home with me was the Avocado.

It's a nice cream, but I haven't used it much recently.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Don't know how the creams compare to the soaps scent wise, but I really like the Lavender and Sandalwood soaps.
    I have tried the Avocado cream, courtesy of Jeff, and really don't mind the smell of pumpkin guts. Reminds me of carving pumpkins with my kids. Great times.

Regardless of the scent, the three above that I have tried have never failed me in the lather performance arena.

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Gotta love the almond.

9. brucea

brucea New Member

I've only tried the sandalwood but I do like the scent very much

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I like Shaving Shop and Mr. Taylor .

11. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Besides the Mr. Taylor I also have St James Collection and Eton College. Got some samples from the TSD Store a couple years back and tried all the Taylor's creams and found these three to be my favorite scents. No matter the scent the cream makes for great slick lather with plenty of cushion.

12. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I've only tried Almond and Eton College. I'd go with Almond of the two, but if I order more I'll pick another scent.

13. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

TOBS Jermyn Street is my fav.

But feel the lather of TOBS is subpar compared to Truefitt&Hill, DR Harris, Penhaligon, Fitjar and Castle Forbes :)

Would like to update my post and comment on my TOBS Jermyn Street.
    This ShaveCream has the best overall scent of all the 25 ShaveCreams I currently own.
    AND the lather I get is very very close to the lather quality I get from my lather favs, which are Acqua Di Parma, Acca Kappa 1869 [TUB VERSION], Santa Maria Novella, Truefitt&Hill Ultimate Comfort/NEW Sandalwood, DR HARRIS Arlington/Marlborough, Castle Forbes Lime/Lavender, Fitjar Neroli/Folgefonn/CitrusKick/EastIndies & AOS Sandalwood/Lemon :)

TOBS Jermyn Street Shavecream will always be part of my den for sure !!

14. sas71

sas71 Member

their almond scent is intoxicating. so far its my favorite almond scented product to date. it has that toasted almond scent with hint of cherries.

15. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Apparently I am in the minority, but I had a good experience with their Lemon & Lime. Yeah, it was a bit funky and less crisp then many prefer, but it had a nice (feel free to laugh) Sprite-ish smell, and I liked it. Having said that, I would try the Truefitt & Hill Limes before going back to TOBS. After using the 1805, I am under their spell, and would use almost anything by them - but that's just one man's opinion.

16. frankflood

frankflood Active Member

mr taylor fell out off the shelf last night...........so i used it. forgotten how good it was

17. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

To all you TOBS fans - do you feel the TOBS creams are on par with the Truefitt&Hill, DR Harris, Kent and other brands when you look at overall qualities - like for instance how it lathers and hold the lather and how well it nourishes, heals and moisturises you skin after the shave ?

I like how easily I get great lather from my TOBS cream, but it doesn't hold the lather so well as my other creams....

18. sas71

sas71 Member

my face liked the Truefitt better than TOBS, DR H. and GFT (never tried Kent) and im not just saying that because it costs more. i didnt get any burn when i applied the Witch Hazel and Cologne after my shave. it was like my face was numb to the alcohol; it had the best protection for me. i bought a brush from Truefitt and they sent me all the cream samples and they all performed great. i cant wait to order a tub or two. i have put it off because of the price but after using the samples i can now justify the money for a tub.

19. LeGaulois

LeGaulois Member

Sandalwood and Avocado.

20. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Lavender shave cream in the Tub; it is a must try and I think JoAnna is carrying this line now at TSD:happy096: