Combo Shave

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joe, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Joe

Joe Member

So in anticipation of my upcoming vacation where I don't plan on shaving much all week and when I do will be a quick one with my mach 3 and give my neck and DE razor a break, I shaved last night. I did my normal routine, wash face, mix up so CO Bigelow in a bowl with a brush, wet face, applied lather and shaved with mach3. I must tell you, I lathered twice and got a pretty good shave. What I also did was used the tech to buffer over the rough spots on and under my cheek bones and overall, I was very satisfied.

I am still waiting for different blades in the mail to try in the tech, and loving the CO Bigelow cream (Thanks everyone for recommending it), so I haven't completely given up on DE just yet, but if I try the new blades and still cut my neck, I think I am going to go with the above routine. I am also in the process of making a custom mach 3 handle, very very similar to the link below. The head and parts are on order, and I have some antlers where I am going on vacation. I can't wait and Don makes some nice ones out of elk antler I can't wait to see.

http://www.doubleecreations.com/images/Razors/Razor0178_3.jpg

2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I'm glad you are enjoying the CO Bigelow, it is good stuff. Don't worry about ditching the DE right now. I think you should use what works for you and If you just can't get the DE to work for you, then the Mach 3 it is. You can always revisit DEs down the line. However, when you do receive the new blades, give 'em a chance and see what happens; the problems you are having could be the blade and that may solve it for you.

That custom handle looks great; I like the antler look. Good luck with your project.

3. Joe

Joe Member

I should have my custom handle done during my vacation, so I'll post pics as soon as I get back. Thanks Tom

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

You better!

5. Joe

Joe Member

Believe me, I really like this site, and the people here are great! Even if I don't DE shave, I learned a lot here, and have a whole new lather technique and will remain active on here and try to help others or share stories

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088::happy088:

Joe likes this.
  7. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

The important thing is to enjoy your "me" time while you shave. Once you get it you will really like it. I use the C. O Big everyday and love it!

8. Joe

Joe Member

Question for anybody that might know. I did a google search for Mach 3 vs Mach 3 turbo and came up with only one topic on Badger and Blade and not many replies on it. Does anybody know the difference other than price between regular and turbo? I mean, I used Mach 3 for years, then switched to turbo without even thinking about it just assuming it was better, but now I am hearing the regular ones are cheaper and better and the only difference is the color strip on top that is annoying anyway? Anybody know or have an opinion?

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hrmmm, it has been over a year since I did the cartridge thing, but my first response to the difference between M3 and M3 Turbo is the M3 Turbo had a battery in the handle that send out shockwave vibrations...?

10. Joe

Joe Member

Nah Jeff, the turbo doesn't have battery or power. I don't really think there is any difference to be honest, but as soon as I pick up the regular, I guess I'll find out and compare to the turbo I have now. I think it's just a change in color and more money from what I can tell LOL.