Three Den Essential Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by fishcrow, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

TSD
    Arko
    COB

2. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

What is COB?

3. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

C. O. Bigelow

4. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I am still looking for a good soap to start with. I have used (all creams) Proraso (loved it), Trumpers (hated it), Taylor of Old Bond Street (meh), Truefitt and Hill 1805 (amazing stuff!), and am currently on a cream of J.M. Fraser's. All of these are good, but I feel as though I want to get into a good quality soap for travel. Any suggestions?

5. Rey Rascon

Rey Rascon New Member

La Toja
    DR Harris Arlington
    Tabac

6. FortWayneShaver

I just got my order of TSD Pumpkin Delight the other day. I've used it twice, and thus far I am very impressed. I think I'll still search for my other two essentials, but this one has certainly earned a spot.

lradke likes this.
  7. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The Pumkin Delight soap is very nice! I love the scent.

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

You can't loose with an Arko stick as a first soap, as it is insanely easy to lather, though some don't like the scent. D.R. Harris soaps also lather rather easily.

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Since this is a SOAP thread, those choices are just broad enough for me to walk into... I will take the TSD any flavor, Tabac, and an Italian soft soap for $1000.00.

Johnny and Alebrewer like this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

About soaps.......................it's hard to say. I use mostly creams, but as I've said before that it doesn't mean that I don't like soaps. On the contrary, I LOVE good soaps, and 3 which come to my mind that I would always want are:

1) TSD Iced Subzero

2) Proraso Aloe & Green Tea

3) Klar Kabinett

There are many, many, many more, but these are the first 3 which I thought of. :)

Alebrewer likes this.
  11. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've got to get a container of that Proraso one of these days.

12. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

1.TSD
    2. Mama Bear
    3. see 1 and 2

13. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

The "FAT"
    Tabac (both puck and stick form)
    No other particular favorite. Have some artisan soaps from TSD, St Charles Shave and Prairie Creations but while they are nice smelling and all they are not on par with the other two.

14. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

MWF
    Institut Karite
    Tabac

15. Everett

Everett Well-Known Member

I have only tried 1 that I don't think I would go without in the future, and that's the tried and true Proraso Green tub (Love that Menthol). Conks Amber was good, but now that it's gone, I don't think I'll replace it. Trumpers Coconut oil seems like it'll last a long time, and by then I think I'll be tired of it.

Though 3 I would like to try that I have heard lots about are:
    1. Cella
    2. Tabac
    3. MWF

Creams, I quite like Palmolive Green European, but past that, I don't know what else I would actually replace from what I have.

16. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

The notches on my shave den wall are few compared to some here, but here's what I like and would recommend.

1. Speick shave stick

2. Pre de Provence

3. Proraso in a tub or Cella depending on whether you like sweet almond, or cooling blast.

17. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

spieck stick, tabac ,razorrock xxx (its a soft soap )

18. FortWayneShaver

Alright - this is a ridiculous question, but it is possible to melt down TSD soaps to get them to stay seated better in a shaving mug? My keeps running around the bottom of the mug, making it difficult to build a good lather. Thanks for the assistance!

19. Dipesh

Dipesh Member

For me it's the following:

Tabac
    Cella
    Palmolive stick (European)

20. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Yes! My understanding is that all TSD soaps can be melted down. I did it with the puck of Iced Sweet Tea that I won from the fantasy football contest and it worked perfectly.

srpavko likes this.