Vicks Vapor Rub???

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by tomnat, Nov 11, 2011.

1. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Has anyone ever used Vick's Vapor Rub as a pre-shave balm? I saw it in our medicine cabinet and just got to thinking...........

I don't have access to the bottle right now, but I'll see if I can post the ingredients tomorrow.

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I think that stuff is petroleum jelly based, if so I don't think it would be able to be washed off easily and gum up the razor. I might be wrong though.

3. memoryleak

memoryleak Active Member

Surely you jest?. That's just wrong, but don't let me stop you from setting your face on icy fire.
    Make sure the ER is ready for you. :signs107:

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I agree with Keith, even the point about the possibility of me being wrong!
    I wouldn't use it. But that's me.

battle.munky likes this.
  5. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Yeah, I didn't think about it being petroleum based and not coming off well. Hmmmmm..........maybe I'll pass.

6. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

there are so many products out there directly for shaving that you do not need products that are not meant for shaving.

Queen of Blades and Dridecker like this.
  7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just curious, but I'd give it a go. I don't think I'd leave it on as a base layer under my lather, but I'd definitely try it as a marinade to determine any pre-shave merit. I'd just rinse it off thoroughly before lathering up.

I like looking for different products not meant for shaving related duties but still have amazing potential. I'll be giving some Bio-Oil a try this weekend!

8. xXClockwork

xXClockwork New Member

I would think this would burn, badly.