2nd Annual TSD Blade Bank Hunt **Now Very Pic Heavy!**

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Oh, we always find "blade banks". ;)

"blade banks" came from Bill and his "entourage" meeting up with me and my "entourage" for lunch and antiques in Kokomo, IN last year. I kept walking up to Bill and saying, "Is this a blade bank?".
    They were all piggy banks. :biggrin:
    Just a little of the old JoAnna silliness.
    And thus, TSD's Annual Blade Bank Hunt was born.

There was some silliness this year, too.
    Bill and I were having a scavenger hunt.
    Only he didn't realize it until he brought back the second thing I had been looking for at the restaurant.
    He's a sore loser, though, and he made me eat saltines with mustard cuz he's such a bad loser. :happy102:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  2. Queen of Blades

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Some of those can be really impressive.... arcades, pool table, air hockey, swimming pool, movie theater. With a group it could be quite affordable,

4. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

If you want to go that route definitely talk with me first. I have a patient who owns a couple of cabins out there & I'm sure I could work out a good deal!

5. Queen of Blades

How's the antiquing is my biggest question.
    Nashville seems like it'd be better for the antiques.

Do you know what size cabins he owns?

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs011: I would think the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area would be all played out, or over priced.

7. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the antiques out there. Their cabins I think are medium to large. I remember thinking it'd be overkill for me to use with just my family. I want to say they could sleep 12-18 easily; something like 6+ bedrooms. If you want me to find out more info it will only take a phone call!

8. Queen of Blades

Never hurts to ask.
    Ask if he knows how the antiquing industry is around there, too, please. :)

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

......and hot tubs that transport you back to the 80's! ( :happy068: most important feature)

If you guys want antiquing and down south, I forget who mentioned it but Mt. Dora FL is pretty good.

If you want antiquing in the NE, up around Reading, PA is chock full of antiquing. You could easily blow a full day if you hurried; taking your time you could easily spend 3 or four days.

10. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Holy happiness! I had so much fun with you kids. And Bill, I love, not like the ladies!!!! I do not even remember handing whatever I was handing to Sparky in that photo.

and good thing the Queen never told me how cute she is!

Johnny and Queen of Blades like this.
  11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Fixed that for you Ray! :)

12. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

You guys....

Looks like it was fun.

13. Queen of Blades

That picture made me pause, too. I think Bill Photoshopped it! :p

Don't know about cute, but I sure is tiny. :)

I'm going to start another thread for hashing out what we want to do next year.

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Way late in posting this picture... :ashamed001:

Although the fun was in the hunt and the great company, and that in itself totally made the day worth it, I did manage a small score, and need to thank Justin for it. :thanks:

Justin spotted this travel set in a display case first, and was gracious enough to let me purchase it as I had no English Tech in my collection, and for the small price of $9.00 IIRC. It appears in excellent shape, bordering on unused, and only needed a touch of cleaning to remove the dye that bled from the leather onto the razor head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

WOW, What a trip down memory lane. I have one of those!!! It is in storage with all my other chilhood toys at my mothers house. Anyone know what it actually is???

A He-Man Master's of the Univers: Battle Bones, Figure Carrier.
    [​IMG]

Y'know, I've always thought my shave kits were missing a bottle opener. Nice kit!

IAmTheJody likes this.