Thankful for Straight Razor Collection

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Dslazar9, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I have many things to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving. Leaving aside the more important things I've decided to post pics of my straight razor collection-something I'm quite thankful for. There is one razor missing-my 6/8 ERN-it's in good hands: right Stuart?

str8 top.jpg str8 mug.jpg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Holy moly!! Very nice collection. I feel so inadequate with my two straights.

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Wow! What a collection!

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Nice collection you've got there. Right now I'm at 3 looking to add a 4th, which will probably be it for me.

6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Wow that is some collection, nice going:)

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

8. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Wow Danny! That is impressive for sure. Are they all shave ready and have you used all of them yet?

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

If you need to give me that Filly, I'm good with it! :p

In all seriousness Danny, your collection of str8s is pretty nice bro. I remember we started str8s the same week but you've kept at it better than me but it is so good to see you hanging with not only collecting them but using them regularly too.

10. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Your ERN is fine. My face on the other hand:

toilet paper on face.jpg

11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Thanks for the great feedback! I've shaved with all but 5 of them. 3 of them are fairly new and I just haven't gotten around to sending them to the honemeister yet. The ratty one in the bottom row, second from left, has only been used for me to learn honing on. Bottom 4th from left is not a razor-it's some other sort of grooming device. Most of these have been given to me as gifts. A lot of family and friends do a lot of antique/garage sale hunting and just bring them to me. I feel very fortunate that these people have thought of me. Some of those have been just ok, some have been quite nice.
    Stuart, I'm pretty sure you haven't destroyed your face-I witnessed your first shave and it was like you've been doing it for years-impressive!

12. scott wein

scott wein Well-Known Member

WoW, What a collection. And great pics too.

13. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

that's a whole lot of fine looking steel.

14. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

That is a nice collection. If I'm ever invited to a knife fight, I know who to call for back up.

Dslazar9 likes this.
  15. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

That's great looking collection, but far to many for any one man to own, this is only a suggestion, I suggest you contact me and send at least half your collection my way, but only the ones that say Puma or Boker or Wade & Butcher on, I dont mind if they are not shave ready or need a restore that's right up my street, PS dont worry about the postage I can manage to pay that.:rofl:

Regards Jamie.